dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chaz Green had another MRI and will now have back surgery, done for year.

Practice squad DE Zach Moore (we signed from Vikes at end of preseason) was moved to our active roster. Apparently there is real doubt that Demarcus Lawrence (back, and coming off season low 15 snaps vs NYG) and Cedric Thornton (the dreaded high ankle sprain) will play Sunday night.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And right on cue:

Jon Machota
✔ ‎@jonmachota

DeMarcus Lawrence has been ruled out for Sunday night. Dez Bryant and Sean Lee are questionable, but both are expected to play

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Chaz Green was hurt most of the time at Florida.

I hope we stop drafting character/injury risks with this new "smarter" front office.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so now we're gonna have to wait til 2017 for Lawrence to have his "break out" season??...double-digit sacks and all that happy horseshit. dlaw is good for like 8-10 games a year when all the dust from the injuries and suspensions settles.

i dunno. i like lawrence but i'm about to give up and say fuck this guy. maybe if he had someone else to compliment him on our dline that the offense will have to worry about.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Never thought much of Lawrence. People way overrated one performance just because it was a playoff game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Never thought much of Lawrence. People way overrated one performance just because it was a playoff game.

He had a lot of sacks the 2nd half of last year. He played really good football then.

But like many other guys we draft, he just cant seem to stay healthy. What was it, broken foot his rookie year. Back injury that needed surgery this past offseason (that S Jones admitted ended up being far worse than they thought going in) and bad back all of this season. I bet he has to have another surgery after this season. Not good for a guy so young.

Reaction score
What is Doug Frees contract situation? We simply can't rely on Green. So how big of a need is finding our next RT?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What is Doug Frees contract situation? We simply can't rely on Green. So how big of a need is finding our next RT?

2017 is the last year of his contract. His salary is 5 million and he counts 7.5 mils against the cap.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance he gets released.

You could replace him with a mid level free agent, let Chaz Green compete for the job (if healthy) and probably draft someone in the middle to late rounds as well. Maybe all 3.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2017 is the last year of his contract. His salary is 5 million and he counts 7.5 mils against the cap.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance he gets released.

You could replace him with a mid level free agent, let Chaz Green compete for the job (if healthy) and probably draft someone in the middle to late rounds as well. Maybe all 3.

They pushed more of his money into this year which would create a bigger cap hit next year had they not done that. That makes me think he'll be back next year. We'll need his replacement in 2018 for sure.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hoping Green moves inside as top backup C and G. Resign Leary and move Collins to RT.

Highly doubtful, but I'm a hoping!!!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hoping Green moves inside as top backup C and G. Resign Leary and move Collins to RT.

Highly doubtful, but I'm a hoping!!!

Awesome idea. Green would make a better backup T and G. But we do not have the front office to make that intelligent of a decision.

Top Bottom