dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez not frustrated with lack of touches: 'I've been misunderstood for so long'

Dez Bryant says he is happy as long as the Cowboys are stacking wins

by Jared Dubin

The Dallas Cowboys are 7-1 and riding high atop the NFC heading into their showdown with the Pittsburgh Steelers this Sunday. The play of rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott, as well as the offensive line, has rightfully gotten a ton of attention.

Less attention has been paid to the targets to whom Prescott has been throwing his passes, though that has changed somewhat in recent weeks since Dez Bryant returned from his early-season injury. There have been people who claim that Bryant is unhappy that he's not getting his typical helping of 10-plus targets per game, despite the victories.

"A lot of people try to say I'm a me, me, me guy. I've never been. That's not how I was taught."
-- Dez Bryant

On Thursday, Bryant attempted to put those concerns to rest.

"I feel like I've been misunderstood for so long, but people can think whatever they want to think," he said, per the Dallas Morning News. "I know who I am. ... First off, I wasn't even supposed to be in the league right now according to a lot of people, but I'm here. A lot of people try to say I'm a me, me, me guy. I've never been. That's not how I was taught."

Dez said he is perfectly fine with receiving extra attention from defenses and opening things up for players like Cole Beasley and Jason Witten to have big games. Beasley is on track to set career-highs in catches, yards, and touchdowns within the next two or three weeks while Witten topped 100 receiving yards last week for the first time since 2013.

"How many big games have I had and we lost? And I said, 'It's not about that. I don't care. We didn't win.' Same thing, if we winning and I'm not getting it, that's OK," Bryant said. "It's OK, we're winning. I know my time is going to come. When it comes, it's going to be big."

Dez did have a seven-catch, 102-yard game back in Week 2 against Washington, but he's yet to have one of his true explosion-type games that became commonplace from 2012 through 2014, when he was healthy and dominating the league. Prescott has not felt the need to force the ball his way, but if there comes a game where a team gives him single-coverage for most of the day, it would not be a surprise to see Dez light things up once again.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you're not a "me me me" type guy, what was with the stupid beanie cap last week when the team was taking the field - while each and every other player had his helmet on?

I'll add baldface fucking LIAR to everything else. You know you're a selfish piece of shit child-boy.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It's clear some of you are not on team Dez. Haha

I honestly think he and Dak just need more time on the field together. Dez is still a beast, even if he has lost a step. He's always had his limitations but he's still an extremely physical WR that brings a swagger that this team needs. Zeke brings that same swagger too. Dez is no longer the best skill player on the team (Zeke is) but he's still very valuable.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's clear some of you are not on team Dez. Haha

I honestly think he and Dak just need more time on the field together. Dez is still a beast, even if he has lost a step. He's always had his limitations but he's still an extremely physical WR that brings a swagger that this team needs. Zeke brings that same swagger too. Dez is no longer the best skill player on the team (Zeke is) but he's still very valuable.
It's been proven we are just fine without him.

Reaction score
If you're not a "me me me" type guy, what was with the stupid beanie cap last week when the team was taking the field - while each and every other player had his helmet on?

I'll add baldface fucking LIAR to everything else. You know you're a selfish piece of shit child-boy.

Yep. We know Dez is ok with less targets because he throws a weekly temper tantrum even when we are up big.

They can't get rid of this idiot soon enough for me. he can take his monkey, beanie, and selfish attitude, and hang out with TO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been proven we are just fine without him.

It was just a few games but it was definitely encouraging to see them play the way they did without him.

If it weren't for T Williams and Butler both being free agents after the season, I wonder if they'd at least have some conversations about trading Dez if they could get the right deal. But with Witten being as old as he is and no obvious replacement there for him if he retires, and two of the top four WR's free agents and unlikely to be retained I think moving Dez in the offseason is a longshot.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It was just a few games but it was definitely encouraging to see them play the way they did without him.

If it weren't for T Williams and Butler both being free agents after the season, I wonder if they'd at least have some conversations about trading Dez if they could get the right deal. But with Witten being as old as he is and no obvious replacement there for him if he retires, and two of the top four WR's free agents and unlikely to be retained I think moving Dez in the offseason is a longshot.

Swaim not doing anything for you?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Williams and Butler wouldn't stop anyone from making a move. TWill isn't that good and Butler is pure spare.

Top Bottom