Reaction score
By Drew Davison
ddavison@star-telegram.com

FRISCO — Running back Darius Jackson is going from the best team to the worst team in the NFL.

The Dallas Cowboys cut Jackson on Tuesday to clear a spot for veteran running back Darren McFadden, and the Cleveland Browns claimed Jackson off waivers on Wednesday.

Jackson, a sixth-round pick out of Eastern Michigan, was inactive every game for the Cowboys, and the organization felt it could part ways with him. There had been some thought that Jackson could rejoin the team as a practice squad player, but he didn’t get through waivers.

The Browns were the first team in the waiver order and jumped at the chance to add Jackson to their winless team.

Jackson had 40 carries for 141 yards in the preseason. He also caught five passes for 56 yards and a touchdown.

Read more here: Cleveland Browns snag Darius Jackson off waivers | The Star-Telegram

Reaction score
Pretty telling that the very first team that could've claimed him, did.

Now, it'll be interesting to me to see if he ends up like Tyson Thompson and Rashaad Lee, two previous UDFA RB's who I thought had a chance to be decent in this league and never panned out, or if he'll actually become someone.

Might not be that fair to judge considering the arm pit of a team he went to.

Nevertheless, I really wish we had kept him over McFadden or Morris, since Morris role has become virtually nothing anymore.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it was a dumb move. McFadden is older, has missed 13 games this year and is a free agent after the season.

Dunbar is a spare parts broken down JAG, who is also a free agent after the season.

Jackson is bigger, stronger & faster than either of the guys above, and he can catch the ball and play special teams and return kickoffs. He was under contract for 2 more years at the rookie minimum and we could have controlled him for another year beyond that as a RFA.

Really shortsighted, pathetic roster management.

Reaction score
I've never understood the dunbar infatuation. Feels like he's been on the team for 10 years.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dunbar is a spare parts broken down JAG, who is also a free agent after the season.

Jackson is bigger, stronger & faster than either of the guys above, and he can catch the ball and play special teams and return kickoffs.
Yeah, I was reading at the zzzone how some were justifying this with the "Jackson doesn't contribute on special teams and Dunbar does" line.

WTF does Dunbar contribute besides being a medicore, fumbling KO returner?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
There were 4 teams that put in waiver claims for him. The Giants and Eagles being two of them. Just so stupid to drop him and keep the useless one in Dunbar on the team. Waste. of. a. pick.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
now we're gonna have to burn another pick on a RB next April instead of going all in on defense/TE/WR

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I was reading at the zzzone how some were justifying this with the "Jackson doesn't contribute on special teams and Dunbar does" line.

WTF does Dunbar contribute besides being a medicore, fumbling KO returner?

He did in preseason. He hasn't in the regular season only because he hasn't been active on gamedays.

Dunbar's kickoff "return" the other night was about as ugly as it gets, I think Zach Martin would outrun him in the 40 at this point.

Reaction score
Dunbar and McFadden are both free agents after this season. Seems shortsighted to me to cut Jackson.

Reaction score
There were 4 teams that put in waiver claims for him. The Giants and Eagles being two of them. Just so stupid to drop him and keep the useless one in Dunbar on the team. Waste. of. a. pick.

If the Giants had gotten him, it would've bitten us in the ass this year. Jackson is better than their current backs.

Top Bottom