C

Cr122

Brewster Responds To "Sit Romo" Debate
Posted by jellis at 8/20/2010 1:22 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com
After sitting out all of his rookie season with a torn pectoral muscle, 2009 third-round offensive lineman Robert Brewster has risen fast because of injuries.

With starting right tackle Marc Colombo (knee) and backup Alex Barron (ankle) both out for Saturday's preseason game at San Diego, Brewster will get his first live action as a first-teamer. His inexperience and occasional struggles through two games created something of a debate over the last few days, whether or not franchise quarterback Tony Romo should even be allowed to play.

Ultimately Wade Phillips called those fears silly, the coach announcing Romo will indeed start. As the team left the practice field Friday, preparing to board a train to head south, Brewster offered a word for the folks who think Romo should be benched.

"Tell them hey, this is what they drafted me for," the tackle said. "I've been out here working. I know it's my first game starting, but I'm ready to go."

Brewster has gotten plenty of advice from his fellow starters on the line.

"They told me just to try to be calm," Brewster said. "Don't be so nervous and just try to stay focused. The biggest thing they said is to be confident, don't second-guess yourself and just go out and do what I've got to do."
Comments (3) | Permanent Link

C

Cr122

This could be an ugly game. Not sure if we can get better on offense with these injuries to the line.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Suprisingly, I don't feel even remotely better.

lol

But look at it this way... most of the Cowboy nation thinks Brewster is going to suck balls, and the chances are they could be right.

However, say Brewster plays decently. Say Sam Young comes on later and plays decently...

We could be looking at some decent depth at OT.

FWIW, I'm expecting an error or two. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Brewster come out of this with at least giving us some hope that he's not a total waste.

Top Bottom