C

Cr122

Archer: Young players catching Wade Phillips' fancy

Young players catching Wade Phillips' fancy: Robert Brewster, Sam Young, Danny McCray, Victor Butler, Cletis Gordon
Posted at 4:19 PM on Mon., Aug. 9, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Wade Phillips focused mostly on the young guys during his press conference today from Valley Ranch.

On the offensive line, he singled out Robert Brewster, Phil Costa and Sam Young. He liked what Chris Gronkowski did at fullback and what Tashard Choice brought at tailback. At linebacker, he positively mentioned Victor Butler, Leon Williams and Jason Williams. In the secondary, he liked what Cletis Gordon did before the neck strain as well as undrafted safety Danny McCray.

Even though Brandon Williams had an interception, Phillips said the Texas Tech-ex looked rusty in his first game back from last year's knee surgery. He said young tailbacks Herb Donaldson (fumble) and Lonyae Miller need some work, too.

C

Cr122

Is Wade blind or just not paying attention?

Brewster sucked balls the other night.

C

Cr122

Not at RT. He was pretty good.

Yeah, I should of been more precise. But he still didn't impress me much.

I mean Brewster hasn't seen the field in a long time so it could be a lot to do with chemistry. But some of it has to do with his footwork and his upper body strength. He seemed off.

Top Bottom