C

Cr122

Archer: Dez Bryant will get into starting lineup at some point this season
Posted at 2:05 PM on Mon., Aug. 30, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
SportsDayDFW.com sports Bio | E-mail | News tips

Todd Archer answered your questions on Monday about the Cowboys. Some highlights

On Whether (Dez) Bryant can move up on the depth chart this season: Maybe but it's hard to say where he is right now because he hasn't practiced. How fast does he pick up the offense? How will he adjust to the speed of the game? Remember, he didn't play much last year at Okie State because of the suspension. He'll be a factor this year and I think he gets into the starting lineup at some point.

On the offense & offensive line's poor play: It's a struggle right now and the bad part is that it's happening on basic stuff. That's what has the coaches a little miffed. Can they flip a switch for the opener? I don't know. This team doesn't have the track record of, say, an Indianapolis.

On how T.O. can come in and have great chemistry with Romo, but it takes two years for Roy Williams: I've said this too - Romo's best big-play success has been with fast wide receivers. T.O., Terry Glenn and Miles Austin. While the connection between Roy and Romo is better it's still not there all the time.

On picking up O-linemen after the final cuts are made or making a trade: I can see them looking but teams don't cut good linemen. I don't see them making a big trade that

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Roy gets paid too much to ride the bench, but that's where his ass should have been last season.

C

Cr122

On how T.O. can come in and have great chemistry with Romo, but it takes two years for Roy Williams: I've said this too - Romo's best big-play success has been with fast wide receivers. T.O., Terry Glenn and Miles Austin. While the connection between Roy and Romo is better it's still not there all the time.

Because Roy isn't that talented that's why.

Top Bottom