C

Cr122

Archer: Cowboys' biggest obstacle to Super Bowl isn't Minnesota or New Orleans

09:23 PM CDT on Saturday, August 21, 2010
SportsDayDFW.com
Dallas Morning News writer Todd Archer answered questions about the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday as the Cowboys prepare to play their fourth preseason game against San Diego. Here are some highlights:

Does Alan Ball look like a real ball hawk? What about Mike Hamlin?

Ball has been solid. He hasn't had a ton of picks but I can't really remember him getting beat deep much or at all. He'll be fine and one reason why is the play of the corners. Terence Newman has had his best camp since he's been here. Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick are having really good camps, too.

Which team poses the biggest threat to the Cowboys: Minnesota , New Orleans or Green Bay?

I'd go GB, NO and Minny in that order. I think Green Bay might be my Super Bowl pick right now. Still debating. As for the Saints, I mean, how many celebrations can they have for this Super Bowl. I do wonder about the year-after spell that envelopes teams. Minny? Favre makes them better but I think with him back they'll get away from Adrian Peterson too much.

Who is a better choice at fullback between Deon Anderson and Chris Gronkowski?

I think it might be both of them, considering the TE depth. Gronkowski has received some first team snaps here lately. He might be a better overall fullback than Anderson but he doesn't pack the same punch. I can see both of them on the 53.

After his decent performance against Cincinnati , was Jerry Jones right on passing on Tim Tebow?

Jerry didn't pass on Tebow. They didn't have him as a first rounder. They didn't need to take a QB in the first round. The delivery doesn't look much different from his Gator days on the highlights I saw the other night. There's a lot of work for him to do.

To read the rest of the chat, click here.

• • •

Top Bottom