JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
L-O-Jete...

It would have been nice if the guys being paid to validate man made global warming did not destroy the original temperature data they were working from after modifying it to fit the theory there were being paid to validate. There is a great deal of science that says we are not warming. The difference is the government is not using tax payer money to promote it, because it does not not their agenda. This is all about the Benjamin's. Always follow the money...

This is all about a new tax that would have little to no effect on global emissions of Co2. How about instead of picking on one of the cleanest countries in the world, all the activists go focus and China and India. Instead of making elitists like Al Gore even richer in a scam, we focus on real solutions to real problems.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
L-O-Jete...

It would have been nice if the guys being paid to validate man made global warming did not destroy the original temperature data they were working from after modifying it to fit the theory there were being paid to validate.

You must have missed when Climategate got debunked. Not surprising, Fox News gave plenty of coverage to the manufactured "gate" but none to the debunking. Myopia.

There is a great deal of science that says we are not warming.

No there isn't.

This is all about a new tax that would have little to no effect on global emissions of Co2. How about instead of picking on one of the cleanest countries in the world, all the activists go focus and China and India. Instead of making elitists like Al Gore even richer in a scam, we focus on real solutions to real problems.
Wow you actually said something worthwhile.

It would be nice to get the Kyoto Protocol going, but I still don't think we'll sign it and countries like India and China need to be taken off the "developing" list and conform to the same rules we'd use for ourselves. But just because China and India are horrible doesn't mean we can't be even better.

Environmental reform in this country has been an overwhelming success everywhere it has been implemented. We've improved the quality of water in our bays and oceans where we've implemented aggressive anti-pollution guidelines. Reduced instances of smog and acid rain. But there's still alot we could do. And it's baffling that anyone would oppose that in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence of human-impacted climate change. But like you said, follow the money to see why climate-change-denial exists, and why less educated citizens who are more dedicated to political ideology than "facts" are so easily duped by anti-climate-change "science".

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Everyone wants a nice clean planet and there are reasonable things we can do. A new tax on on Co2 is not one of them.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So what can we do?

Make the EPA stronger, give it more teeth? Harsher penalties for non-compliance?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Abolish the EPA and provide large tax breaks to cover the costs of ugrading factories, power plants etc.LOL

Obama and the EPA have done enough damage.

Last week PJM Interconnection, the company that operates the electric grid for 13 states (Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia) held its 2015 capacity auction. These are the first real, market prices that take Obama’s most recent anti-coal regulations into account, and they prove that he is keeping his 2008 campaign promise to make electricity prices “necessarily skyrocket.”

The market-clearing price for new 2015 capacity – almost all natural gas – was $136 per megawatt. That’s eight times higher than the price for 2012, which was just $16 per megawatt. In the mid-Atlantic area covering New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and DC the new price is $167 per megawatt. For the northern Ohio territory served by FirstEnergy, the price is a shocking $357 per megawatt.

Why the massive price increases? Andy Ott from PJM stated the obvious: “Capacity prices were higher than last year's because of retirements of existing coal-fired generation resulting largely from environmental regulations which go into effect in 2015.” Northern Ohio is suffering from more forced coal-plant retirements than the rest of the region, hence the even higher price.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/22/obamas-war-on-coal-hits-your-electric-bill/#ixzz2OIetZQME

Last edited:

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I do like those new Volts.

so can you tell me the overall cost of an electric car vs. gas? i mean, since oil still comes into play in the "overall" cost....

how much does it cost to replace the batteries?

what is the total cost of owning an electric car vs. gas today and what is the overall gain, if any?

i predict you don't answer.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
so can you tell me the overall cost of an electric car vs. gas? i mean, since oil still comes into play in the "overall" cost....

how much does it cost to replace the batteries?

what is the total cost of owning an electric car vs. gas today and what is the overall gain, if any?

i predict you don't answer.

I like the bike option for SP, or even a skateboard. If he is not living by these liberal ideals that he promotes, he needs to shut up and take notes from the posters with common sense. Maybe he can be
reformed.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I like the bike option for SP, or even a skateboard. If he is not living by these liberal ideals that he promotes, he needs to shut up and take notes from the posters with common sense. Maybe he can be
reformed.

Reformed? That clown is a useless drag on society. There is no hope for him. He will never be able to take care of himself. He is a taker that relies on the creators.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
reformed.

I recycle.

Top Bottom