dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No running back tonight. It looks like we're reallly going into a season with Rico and Royce Freeman. Idjits.
They are signing Zeke after the draft, Drunken GM literally just said "I'm looking forward to what the future looks like with Zeke"

They'll probably draft someone tomorrow with one of those 4 picks they have.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Loved the first two picks. I always liked Kneeland for us but assumed with so many other needs they'd skip him, and honestly I thought someone would pick him before our pick at 56 anyway. Kneeland is a hard nosed, physical bust his ass every down guy who can really set the edge. Tested extremely well athletically. The morons at CZ got all bent out of shape over the lack of snaps and drafting a guy from Western Mich (Maxx Crosby went to Eastern Michigan by the way) but Kneeland had more career sacks than Chop Robinson, who they all would have loved in the 1st round. Burgler had him rated the 32nd best player on his board.

Also was very happy with the Cooper Beebe pick. Another guy with a nasty, great football player disposition. Plays extremely physical and tested very well athletically. Played both T and G spots and has taken snaps at C. 1st team all Big 12 OL 3yrs in a row (first one at LT) and was Big 12 OL of yr past two seasons. Coaches here saying he will be tried at C in camp, but ultimately could be Zack Martin's heir if he doesnt work at C.

I thought the Notre Dame LB was more of a day 3 guy, but he is apparently someone Zimmer loved for his scheme and thinks he shares many traits with Erik Kendricks.

Barring something unforeseen we have a long wait till the next pick (74 picks away at 174)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I can’t wait for us to pick our obligatory injured LB in round 2 today!
Stealers did end up picking him but NFLN had some really bad reports on him. Dude literally doesnt have an ACL in one knee and they also noted the previous shoulder surgery he had was "bad"

The last report they had they said 22 teams have a service that share medical records amongst themselves, all 22 said the guy's career would be a single NFL contract at best.

Top Bottom