dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Props to Kevin Smith!

People forget how good he was from 92-94 before blowing out his achilles in that season opener of 1995. One of the few guys who I saw that could man up Jerry Rice and essentially shut him down. Also completely got in his head about it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you go back and look at McCarthy's OL's in Green Bay, Bass and Hoffman will remind you of some of them.

They didntalways have the most athletic guys or have guys that were physically overpowering. But they had numerous guy that had this "lunch pail" mentality that just worked hard and were technically pretty sound. Most of the GB OL's were not highly drafted either. Not saying Bass or Hoffman will amount to year over years starters for us, but there are definitely some similarities.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Stealers are going to get rolled. They don't even belong in the playoffs anyway, but w/o Watt they are 100% toast for sure.

Oh, the Steelers will lose, definitely. But even during this winning streak Buffalo hasn't been blowing the doors off anyone, despite having multiple opportunities. Bills win for sure, just not sure they cover.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Penn State's season is over. But I'll still get to see another white out! Thank you Cowboys for making the postseason yet once again! 20240108_171146.jpg
Oh, the Steelers will lose, definitely. But even during this winning streak Buffalo hasn't been blowing the doors off anyone, despite having multiple opportunities. Bills win for sure, just not sure they cover.
I wouldn't put any money on it. Perfect example? Back-up Wentzie defeating the Whiners AT San Francisco. Cards beating both Dallas & Egals. No game is a gimme.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wouldn't put any money on it. Perfect example? Back-up Wentzie defeating the Whiners AT San Francisco. Cards beating both Dallas & Egals. No game is a gimme.
I rarely put any money down beyond fantasy leagues. Last major bet I can recall right this second was the year the Mavericks won the NBA Finals, my brother taking Lebron and the Heat and giving me the field... :LOL:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I gotta say, the Law Firm of Hoffman and Bass stepped up their game played much much better than I had expected them to. I fully expected Dak to be running for his life all day. Kudos to the O Line for stepping up their game in the absence of their star players.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Props to Kevin Smith!

People forget how good he was from 92-94 before blowing out his achilles in that season opener of 1995. One of the few guys who I saw that could man up Jerry Rice and essentially shut him down. Also completely got in his head about it.

He (and that team) were so special.

I loved it when Rice so worked up before the 93' championship game even started. IIRC, the Niners got a Personal foul called before the game even began.

I was at that game and it was the loudest Cowboy game I ever went to and the only game where the fans stood up the entire game (in case anyone reading wasnt aware, Cowboy fans where not the the type to stand up much, if at all, during games. Usually people would get shouted down when they did because of the fan culture at that time)

cant believe its about to be 30 years since that game was played, seems like yesterday

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
b6e9a5580efb8d1c4511061f6973c13c.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They blew our doors off

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He (and that team) were so special.

I loved it when Rice so worked up before the 93' championship game even started. IIRC, the Niners got a Personal foul called before the game even began.

I was at that game and it was the loudest Cowboy game I ever went to and the only game where the fans stood up the entire game (in case anyone reading wasnt aware, Cowboy fans where not the the type to stand up much, if at all, during games. Usually people would get shouted down when they did because of the fan culture at that time)

cant believe its about to be 30 years since that game was played, seems like yesterday
Yep, the good ol days.

I was lucky enough to go to the Philly-Dallas regular season game in 1992 and then the following year, went to the San Fran- Dallas regular season game. Best atmosphere for our games ever. Crowd was rocking. The stadium had hardly any opponent fans there.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They blew our doors off
True, but none of them were shut tight, the windows were half open, the trunk lid was flopping, and nobody scrapped the windows or gave them time to defrost...

Top Bottom