Reaction score
21. Dallas Cowboys: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

The Cowboys need edge and interior rushers to team with DeMarcus Lawrence.

SO far in 2014, Brown has totaled 3.5 sacks, 7.5 tackles for a loss, 24 tackles and one forced fumble. He has been tough to block with a good motor. If Brown continues to play like he did against BYU, his draft stock could skyrocket.

For the second-straight season, Texas was dominated by BYU quarterback Taysom Hill. However, one Longhorns defender showed up and competed to try to change that. Brown had an excellent game with 2.5 sacks, 11 tackles and a forced fumble. It was a breakout performance for the senior, and perhaps Charlie Strong's new staff is capable of getting Brown to peak in 2014. The 6-foot-2, 320-pounder has the size for the NFL.

53. Dallas Cowboys: Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma

The Cowboys grab an outside linebacker who can help them rush the passer.

To start 2014, Striker has 23 tackles, 1.5 sacks and 4.5 tackles for a loss. He finished the 2013 season with a coming-out party against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. The 6-foot, 221-pounder dominated Crimson Tide left tackle Cyrus Kouandjio for three sacks and seven tackles. Striker finished the year with totals of 50 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 10.5 tackles for a loss and a forced fumble. 2013 was his first season of significant playing time, so he could be even better as a junior now that he has a year of experience.

85. Dallas Cowboys: Za'Darius Smith, DE, Kentucky

The Cowboys grab a physically talented end for Rod Marinelli to coach up.

After impressing in the junior college ranks, Smith landed at Kentucky and played well in his 2013 debut. He recorded 59 tackles with 6.5 tackles for a loss and six sacks for the year. The 6-foot-6, 263-pounder has an intriguing skill set with size and speed. In 2014, Smith has 23 tackles and .5 sacks in four games.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is a big decision coming up on Murray. Do you pay him megabucks or let him walk?

I'd save the salary cap for others and let Murray walk .... which likely means drafting an RB in an early round.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There is a big decision coming up on Murray. Do you pay him megabucks or let him walk?

I'd save the salary cap for others and let Murray walk .... which likely means drafting an RB in an early round.

As much as they'd probably like to keep him, they probably wont be able to afford him.

That said, let him test the market and see whats out there. It could be that nobody is willing to break the bank to sign a RB and maybe he stays here for something reasonable.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The way they're running Murray into the ground, I almost wonder if they aren't planning on letting him go. We all know about that deadly 400 carry per year mark, and he's on pace to reach it.

I still bet he gets hurt before he gets even close to that, though.

Anyway, Striker's a great college rusher but I wonder how he'd play 43 OLB. Maybe he moves well enough to do that, I don't know.

Whatever we do, we have to load up on defense. Hate to draft for need, but we almost have no choice.

Last edited:

ROMOTODEZ

Spectator
Reaction score
They have another one at Uk named Dupree who is also very good. I like Fowler from Florida as well

Top Bottom