Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
[video=youtube;IrWxbswqhNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrWxbswqhNs[/video]

Well, I said a while back I wanted to try getting some footage of some players. Lemme know how this looks.

For the longest time I couldn't get the choppiness to go away but after having recently upgraded the processor I figured I'd give it a shot. The program I was using was still creating good amounts of chops so I canned it and went with Quicktime to capture the screen. Left the audio out because the screen capture mode only records from the mic and I didn't care enough to run a cord from the output to the input and recording the sound coming out of the speakers didn't sound very good. Anyway, the sound isn't there but who cares. It's not like you're going to get anything out of it.

I must say I think he played pretty well. Of course, this is only the first game and he's been noted for having great games and having stinkers.

You'll notice at the end of the game he pulls on 3 straight plays with the 3rd run going for the sealing TD.

One thing about him is that he doesn't look like he has a ton of ability but he he seems to be effective. He's not dominating anyone by any means but he displays good enough technique on some of the plays to get the job done. Rather than simply beat his man with ability and strength there's a couple of plays where he uses good angles to isolate his man from the play. He's not moving the guy out of the way like some sort of monster but he's turning his guy and moving with him in a manner that takes him out of the play.

Couple other thoughts. Gradkowski sucks. Joe Haden can play. He got away with some contact on one play in particular but I think he broke up 3 passes in this game.

C

Cr122

The Browns had a really good defense, believe it or not.

Yeah, their pass defense is pretty good. Not so much against the run.

I guess I need to see Livings play this year to have a good opinion of him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
His tape vs the Cards and Calais Campbell from late last season is pretty good. I think Sturm said it was some tape the Cowboys studied hard and came away pretty impressed.

Reaction score
One thing is for sure Hoof .....He's much better than any thing we had playing the interior part of our OL last year...

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah, their pass defense is pretty good. Not so much against the run.

I guess I need to see Livings play this year to have a good opinion of him.

Do you even know who plays DT for the Browns or are you just dismissing them out of hand?

They have 2 very good DT's one of them a 1st round draft choice last year, but hey they can't be any good because they play for the Browns right?

C

Cr122

Do you even know who plays DT for the Browns or are you just dismissing them out of hand?

They have 2 very good DT's one of them a 1st round draft choice last year, but hey they can't be any good because they play for the Browns right?

Yes, they were so good they gave up 142 yards a game against the run, and were ranked 30th in the league. Their strength is the secondary.

They need more help in the front seven obviously.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yes, they were so good they gave up 142 yards a game against the run, and were ranked 30th in the league. Their strength is the secondary.

Phil Taylor is still a beast.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Eh. Their offense left the defense on the field for an eternity most games. Not sure what you can or cant read into their defensive performance.

C

Cr122

I said they need help in the front seven, I didn't say anything about their DT's being bad. It's not just the DT's job to stop the run.

C

Cr122

Whose job is it to block the DTs?

The center and guards.

Okay, so you guys want me to slober over this just because he played well againt Phil Taylor? Okay, it'll take more than that.

Let's see how well he handles the Giants and Eagles pass rush.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The center and guards.

Okay, so you guys want me to slober over this just because he played well againt Phil Taylor? Okay, it'll take more than that.

Will do.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The center and guards.

Nobody asked you to slobber just did not see the reason for you to be so dismissive.

Top Bottom