Reaction score
A few outlets are now suggesting Dallas will draft DeCastro and move him to Center.

That'd give us an blue-chip talent at LT and C, with blue collar guys at the other three positions.

Think we can win with that?

Mr.Po

Reaction score
All for getting Costa out of the equation but unsure about this..............

Saw footage of him working out at Stanford's proday at center but did he ever start at game at center during his career?

I like Decastro as a guard but you better be uber confident to throw a 14th pick for someone and hope he transitions well if that indeed is their intentions.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DeCastro says he has played all 3 interior OL positions...said several teams mentioned they might try him at C

Obviously if they tried him there and it didnt work, they could move him right back to G

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't like the idea. Draft the guy at the position where he is supposedly a can't miss pro bowler. Don't get cute and move him. If you want to do that. Trade down and Pick Kontz

Reaction score
If the Cowboys drafted DeCastro to play at Center, I'd worry that the Cowboys were out-thinking themselves again ... getting too cute with a 1st round pick.

Sort of like when they took Felix Jones to play a Reggie Bush role instead of simply drafting a best RB prospect available. Several were available.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I dislike Costa so much, I probably wouldn't mind it.

Id much rather have DD at G and find another way to force Costa out of the lineup.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought one of the "pluses" about Mackenzy Bernadeau was that our staff thought he could play Center?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
the only thing I hate worse than drafting Decastro at 14 is drafting Decastro to play center at 14.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
There is no plus or upside to either of those new lineman.

Both are scrubs. Star on the helmet or not.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is no plus or upside to either of those new lineman.

Both are scrubs. Star on the helmet or not.

Agreed, only difference is Livings is a proven scrub, 30-years old and we gave him $6.2M GUARANTEED. Bernadeau is an unproven scrub, only 26, and got about $3M guaranteed. I don't mind taking a chance on a young player you might "see something in". The Livings' signing baffles me.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
DeCastro says he has played all 3 interior OL positions...said several teams mentioned they might try him at C

Obviously if they tried him there and it didnt work, they could move him right back to G

BOOO

But if Callahan believes that he can make the switch to C, then I'll believe him. Now if this was Houck's idea on the otherhand...I would think it's brainiac.

Reaction score
Agreed, only difference is Living is a proven scrub, 30-years old and we gave him $6.2M GUARANTEED. Bernadeau is an unproven scrub, only 26, and got about $3M guaranteed. I don't mind taking a chance on a young player you might "see something in". The Livings' signing baffles me.

Livings started for the playoff Bengals.

That has to count for something. No?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
#14 isn't the spot for experimenting. Choose someone who you know their role and that it'll definatly be a positive for this team.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If we drafted him I would start him out at C I think that is a much bigger need than G.

Reaction score
If the Cowboys drafted DeCastro to play at Center, I'd worry that the Cowboys were out-thinking themselves again ... getting too cute with a 1st round pick.

Sort of like when they took Felix Jones to play a Reggie Bush role instead of simply drafting a best RB prospect available. Several were available.

The 2008 and 2009 drafts were pretty bad. It was Jerry's "I'm back, Bitches" party and he fucked it up perfectly.

That core def could have won a title or two with more competent people polishing up the needs.

The two seasons since then have been filled with unique and pathetic head coaching blunders, questionable free agent signings and the lack of direction or vision that you'd only expect from a Jerry Jones/Al Davis-led organization.

Garrett is the next Tom Landry though. Just giv it tyme, guyz! Hos told me, so it muss be tru.

C

Cr122

I'd be okay with it. Either way DeCastro fills a need, wether it's guard or center. I mean, if he fails at center which I doubt, we have a guard for the next 10 to 12 years.

It's a win win situation.

Top Bottom