Reaction score
Thomas not sad to see Tebow go: “I wasn’t getting no balls”
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 12, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT

Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas raced 80 yards with a Tim Tebow pass in overtime against the Steelers to score one of the biggest touchdowns of the year in the NFL. It would also prove to be Tebow’s last pass in Denver as a Bronco, and Thomas doesn’t feel bad about that.

Thomas told the 2 Live Stews that he’s happy the Broncos traded Tebow and signed Peyton Manning because, for a wide receiver, playing with a passer like Manning is a lot more fun than playing with a running quarterback like Tebow.

“It’s a business decision,” Thomas said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I ain’t going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn’t getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws, but I don’t want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton.”

Thomas had some big games with Tebow passing to him, but Thomas is only saying what any honest wide receiver would say: Is there any receiver in the NFL who would rather play with Tebow than Manning? Thomas also hinted that he didn’t appreciate the way the media credited Tebow for the Broncos’ success instead of crediting the entire team.

“Everything on ESPN was all about Tim,” Thomas said. “That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’”

And Thomas said that while Tebow is a good teammate, he wasn’t quite the darling of the locker room that he’s sometimes made out to be. When Tebow missed throws, people noticed.

“You would have people calling him out saying, ‘Tim you gotta make that throw. You gotta read the defenses better,’” Thomas said. “Players on offense trying to get him better.”

One thing we can be reasonably sure about is that in Denver this year, no one is going to need to call Peyton Manning out about reading defenses better.

Top Bottom