Reaction score
@richiewhitt
Horrible news out of Italy this morning: Joe Avezzano had a heart attack on the treadmill and passed away. #Cowboys

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Sad indeed. He made Kenny Gant a household name. Farewell, Joe.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Holy shit.

RIP.

Jerry is still healthy as a horse, though.

Thank you, Jesus.

Reaction score
Former Cowboys special teams coach Joe Avezzano dies
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 5, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT

Joe Avezzano, a former special teams coach for the Cowboys, has died of a heart attack at the age of 68.

Avezzano was in Italy when he died, and his death was first reported by an Italian website that covers American football. The Cowboys have confirmed that Avezzano died.

Avezzano spent the last months of his life attempting to export the game he loved to the country of his ancestry, coaching the Milan Seamen of the Italian Football League.

The fiery Avezzano spent 13 seasons as special teams coach of the Cowboys and was a favorite of Hard Knocks viewers for the boisterous way he went about the coaching job. When Bill Parcells became the Cowboys’ head coach and decided not to retain Avezzano, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones made Avezzano the head coach of his Dallas Desperadoes team in Arena football. Avezzano would later become special teams coach of the Raiders.

Prior to coaching in the NFL, Avezzano was head coach at Oregon State from 1980 to 1984. His first victory with the Beavers was a 31-28 win over Fresno State in which his team initially fell behind 28-0. At the time it was the biggest comeback in NCAA history.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He has been working as the post game analyst since the fan took over as the official cowboys station and he also has been doing a show from his restaraunt with gina miller on wednesday nights.

I will miss him, he was the only good thing about the pre or post game coverage on the fan....

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He has been working as the post game analyst since the fan took over as the official cowboys station and he also has been doing a show from his restaraunt with gina miller on wednesday nights.

I will miss him, he was the only good thing about the pre or post game coverage on the fan....

He will be missed. Great personality.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

I think I saw a video where he broke down the blocked punt vs the Jets last year.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think I saw a video where he broke down the blocked punt vs the Jets last year.

Yeah I had been recording his show every wednesday with gina miller on txa 21....but I didnt have the time to keep putting up the segments and stopped somewhere in october....

he did a good job of breaking down plays that we all talked about with the game film....
i stopped at week 2 i guess but I have all the rest recorded....i will put them up in a few weeks when I have some time...
[video=youtube;VXC6BzJhceA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXC6BzJhceA[/video]

C

Cr122

RIP, Joe.

He used to remind me of Christopher Lloyd. Look just like him.

Reaction score
Okay guys, you've had enough time to mourn.

Wrap it up and move on to draft relevant threads.

Three weeks, baby!

:towel

Top Bottom