Reaction score
The house the fam and I just moved into, you can't get Directv.

The back yard has a lot of really tall trees and there's not a clear view of the sattelites. I assumed there was, because there's a dish back there. But that dish was installed over 7 years ago when their was less coverage.

What the fuck am I going to do????

Does Cox carry NFL Network?

Is there a way to watch games on line?

:cr122 :cr122 :cr122

Iamtdg

Reaction score
See if AT&T Uverse is available. I have it and it kicks ass.

And, yes, you would get the NFL Network.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I have DVR receivers in 4 rooms, the second to top tier package, and HD service on 2 receivers and I pay about 150 a month. That includes internet as well. I can program my DVR with my phone remotely. There are a lot of cool features.

No problems with storms jacking up my service anymore. No issues with wind anymore. I like it a lot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The house the fam and I just moved into, you can't get Directv.

The back yard has a lot of really tall trees and there's not a clear view of the sattelites. I assumed there was, because there's a dish back there. But that dish was installed over 7 years ago when their was less coverage.

What the fuck am I going to do????

Does Cox carry NFL Network?

Is there a way to watch games on line?

:cr122 :cr122 :cr122

Cut down trees.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's a bummer. Can you put a dish on a pole somewhere in the yard, like a corner or whatever to get reception?

My friend had the same problem as you and he had them put a pole in the back corner where the responders could hit the satellite. It was completely out if sight also.

The direct tv guys were pissed because they had to bury the cables in the ground and dig but, it works.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
firstrowsports

sucks because you're not getting full HD quality, but basically any game you want is right there, for free.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Also isn't there a way to pay for Sunday ticket on the Internet or is that just part of the package we all pay for?

And wasn't it available on the ps3 or something last year?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's a bummer. Can you put a dish on a pole somewhere in the yard, like a corner or whatever to get reception?

My friend had the same problem as you and he had them put a pole in the back corner where the responders could hit the satellite. It was completely out if sight also.

The direct tv guys were pissed because they had to bury the cables in the ground and dig but, it works.
Yeah, I'd try something like this. You only need a tiny window to see the sats and it will work fine. Might take a lot of experimentation and you might have to stay on the installers to make it work (some are lazy and will barely try) but I bet you can find somewhere.

That or just move.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Also isn't there a way to pay for Sunday ticket on the Internet or is that just part of the package we all pay for?

And wasn't it available on the ps3 or something last year?

you can buy it for the ps3/internet for like 350 or something. It's included if you have the TV package.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd try something like this. You only need a tiny window to see the sats and it will work fine. Might take a lot of experimentation and you might have to stay on the installers to make it work (some are lazy and will barely try) but I bet you can find somewhere.

That or just move.

The Directv guy was the same guy that had come out to the house previously. He was a good guy, and he literally walked all over the yard looking to find a spot. No go.

Iamtdg said:
You can check to see if Uverse is available in your area here.

I'm in VA, so there doesn't appear to be any coverage there.

superpunk said:
firstrowsports

sucks because you're not getting full HD quality, but basically any game you want is right there, for free.

Have you used this site before? They show the games live? Uninterrupted?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
yeah I use it all the time.

basically it's just some jabroni rebroadcasting his local broadcast. Usually works really well, there are almost always multiple links for each game just in case one craps out during the broadcast.

Top Bottom