dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kevin Ogletree Resigned
Per Adam Schefter Twitter

Nothing wrong with giving him a 1yr deal to come to camp, see if he can earn a spot. He knows the offense and various WR spots in the scheme.

Doesnt mean he'll be here to start the season.

C

Cr122

More depth. I don't see him taking over the #3 wr spot.

I'd rather go with Harris or Holmes. Maybe Radway shows us something in the regular season, if he makes it that far.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
we know what he is, more importantly what he isn't, so I'd rather take a chance on another player.

Last 2 days were solid moves. Today we have sucked. I think Jerry told everyone to take the day off and is playing GM by himself.

C

Cr122

I don't think we sign another receiver. I think re-signing Ogletree was it.

Hopefully we are just waiting for the market to settle a bit before we add a few more FA's.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
we know what he is, more importantly what he isn't, so I'd rather take a chance on another player.

Last 2 days were solid moves. Today we have sucked. I think Jerry told everyone to take the day off and is playing GM by himself.

Gotta have 80 or so to take to camp, nothing wrong with Ogletree getting a chance to compete in training camp and preseason...doesnt mean he'll be on the opening day roster

As for the other guy, willing to give Callahan the benefit of the doubt for now. Also glad to read that DeCastro could still be our #1 target on draft day.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with giving him a 1yr deal to come to camp, see if he can earn a spot. He knows the offense and various WR spots in the scheme.

Doesnt mean he'll be here to start the season.

Debatable.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think we sign another receiver. I think re-signing Ogletree was it.

For now, probably so.

Remember we got Laurent Robinson AFTER preseason was over last year. They'll have other options at WR if necessary.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I guess I should have added "supposedly"

I concur.

I was a big time OTree fan his first year because he was the underdog who was just busting his butt to get on the team any way he could.

Then he made the team and basically started to collect checks. They should have held off on him for a while.

Nobody else will sign him.

Make him sweat and scare him into a little bit of eagerness.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Again, he's a known commoditiy. Better to gamble on someone else who may actually be hungry, just needed a chance, etc. He's a wasted roster spot. I don't care if we had to take 120 to camp. If he's still available 3 months from now maybe invite him to camp but signing him now is nonsense.

He was supposed to have the advantage of knowing the playbook but apparently he is a big ol dummie. Sorry UVA fans. He never knew where he was supposed to be lined up or what route to run.

C

Cr122

Who wasn't. I liked him too, don't know what happened to him.

He had his opportunity to take over and blew it.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I wish they would have pulled the trigger on Danny Amendola(sp), kid would be great in our O now that he is seasoned.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish they would have pulled the trigger on Danny Amendola(sp), kid would be great in our O now that he is seasoned.

never understood the obsession with this guy at all...averages less yds per catch than alot of teams fullbacks

Reaction score
I wish we had gone with Jesse Holley.

I might just be sentimental because I just re-watched the Cowboys @ 49'ers NFL Network Replay, but the guy literally caught every pass thrown his way last year.

He's a high effort guy. Ogletree is a guy with physical skills who didn't really apply himself after getting hyped towards the end of 2009. At least, that's my perception. I know following 2009, he spent a lot of time hanging out in Hollywood with Miles Austin, Kim Kardashian, and that group.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So we were able to find a high-quality replacement for Austin last year (Robinson), but we can't do the same for Ogletree. Brilliant.

C

Cr122

Holley's confidence went in the shitter when Robinson came aboard. He slowly stole Jesse's thunder.

Top Bottom