Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So bill jones tweeted earlier that Steve did an interview with Keith this weekend and he said the cowboys want him back.

I will record it and put it up tomorrow, nit sure I am too happy to hear this to be honest.

Tonight 10:30 on Score on CBS 11, Steve Dennis interviews Keith Brooking who says Cowboys have told him they want him back in 2012 #dfwsp

[video=youtube;_4PVL9gD28s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PVL9gD28s[/video]

Last edited:
C

Cr122

Brooking definitely showed signs of a declining player last year. I can see the leadership part, but that's about it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not a fan if true, unless its for a 1yr minimum type deal and he has to earn his roster spot.

Reaction score
Progress stopper, and not a good one at that.

Roll with Lee, Carter, draft pick or cheap vet, Orie Lemon.

Yeah, I get that Brookings is a leader, but the team doesn't seem to respond to him - and besides, Lee is ready to take that roll. I can't justify this move at any level. I'd rather keep James if we were going to keep one of them around.

Also... lol @ Rick Astley post.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Progress stopper, and not a good one at that.

Roll with Lee, Carter, draft pick or cheap vet, Orie Lemon.

Yeah, I get that Brookings is a leader, but the team doesn't seem to respond to him - and besides, Lee is ready to take that roll. I can't justify this move at any level. I'd rather keep James if we were going to keep one of them around.

Also... lol @ Rick Astley post.

Leader?

Jason hatcher disagrees..........

I just don't understand why would keep all these guys who have just produced a lousy defense for two years. I just don't get it personally. We should be trying to get better at every position on defense that ware doesn't play.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol

This offseason just keeps getting better.

All that's missing is a nice fat long term contract for Brady James, then we can let Newman go to a new team, then trade a 3rd round pick to get him back.

Oh, and I'm sure Marc Columbo would like to come back.

Reaction score
Leader?

Jason hatcher disagrees..........

Well, he gets people in a circle and yells "First, we gonna hit em in the mouth! If they get up, we gon hitem again!" and other stuff pre-game.

If that's not what a leader does, then I have no idea what a leader is.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
lol

This offseason just keeps getting better.

All that's missing is a nice fat long term contract for Brady James, then we can let Newman go to a new team, then trade a 3rd round pick to get him back.

Oh, and I'm sure Marc Columbo would like to come back.

Columbo is probably still better than Parnell. He is great in the locker room too....I actually would love a guy like him at tackle as a backup...

But I know what you are saying and I agree.....it's the defense that is keeping us from ever going forward and now Spencer and brooking might both be back? How long before we start hearing about how good ball was and people didn't realize it.

Hopefully this is all just internet chatter and none of them are back.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, he gets people in a circle and yells "First, we gonna hit em in the mouth! If they get up, we gon hitem again!" and other stuff pre-game.

If that's not what a leader does, then I have no idea what a leader is.

Good point. Jason hatcher must be tweeting about Jesus while brooking does that and hasn't realized what a leader he is.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just saw a promo, brooking saying I know for a fact I am a leader..

Thx again hatcher you moron.

Ftr, I like brooking and believe he is a leader and ha a good career.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I will put the vid up in the morning.

But in a nutshell he wants to play, cowboys told his agent they want him back.

He also was pretty irritated by hatchers comments and said that Jason witten is the team leader and Is the hardest working player he has ever been around. Also said romo is a leader.

Also Steve added that Keith told him he lives in Atlanta and everywhere he goes people tell him Dallas would be good if they didn't have romo......said he has spent the last month telling everyone that they are all wrong and romo is phenomenal.

Reaction score
Defense has so many holes. It’s easy to say, just let him walk, but where is your depth? Lee has shown to be a little injury prone and Bradie James is slow as molasses. Jerry has given the defense no other options. Has no depth.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
The offseason hasnt even started yet, and doesnt until next week.

Settle down, l'il Jer. The season has ended. It's the offseason.

He didn't say a thing about it being the new league year.

Top Bottom