DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone remember late in the first round last year they kept panning to the Cowboys war room where we were working the phones heavily, and Ed Werder reported we were trying to get back into the first round. Then it was later discovered we were trying to get Cam Jordan from Cal. I thought of that for some reason yesterday and checked out Cams stats, and they pretty pedestrian. 31 tackles and 1 sack.

Did we luck out by no one accepting our trade offers? Could you imagine if we gave up our first this year and our second last year?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone remember late in the first round last year they kept panning to the Cowboys war room where we were working the phones heavily, and Ed Werder reported we were trying to get back into the first round. Then it was later discovered we were trying to get Cam Jordan from Cal. I thought of that for some reason yesterday and checked out Cams stats, and they pretty pedestrian. 31 tackles and 1 sack.

Did we luck out by no one accepting our trade offers? Could you imagine if we gave up our first this year and our second last year?

It was widely reported they targeted 3 players at the end of the first they were trying to move up for. Jordan, Mark Ingram and Muhammad Wilkerson.

Yes, I'm glad none of those worked out.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
yeah we had ingram way up there apparently on this mock draft it appears the team made...

dallascowboysdraftdcuwe.jpg

Reaction score
It would really suck to not have a first this year if that's what it would've taken to trade up.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It would really suck to not have a first this year if that's what it would've taken to trade up.

Yep

New Orleans gave up #56 rd 2 from last year and there first this year

That would have sucked for mark ingram.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep

New Orleans gave up #56 rd 2 from last year and there first this year

That would have sucked for mark ingram.

We wouldnt have had to give up what they did, our pick was much higher in the 2nd rd. (40)

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We wouldnt have had to give up what they did, our pick was much higher in the 2nd rd. (40)

thats true.

I wonder if it would have been the 11 and 12 2's then.

either way that would have stunk.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
yeah we had ingram way up there apparently on this mock draft it appears the team made...

dallascowboysdraftdcuwe.jpg

Cool pic.

Looks like Tyron, Aldon Smith, Nate Solder (???), Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Amukamara, Costanza (???), Pouncey (???)

Interesting they had Ingram that high.

You have any idea how that board is displayed?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cool pic.

Looks like Tyron, Aldon Smith, Nate Solder (???), Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Amukamara, Costanza (???), Pouncey (???)

Interesting they had Ingram that high.

You have any idea how that board is displayed?

What do you mean? I think that is just the teams mock draft of where they think players go and then they update it where they actually went.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What do you mean? I think that is just the teams mock draft of where they think players go and then they update it where they actually went.

Okay, I get ya. I was thinking that each individual column represented a round grade for the player.

Didn't catch it was their guess before the fact.

Top Bottom