bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Starting to convert some of my old VHS tapes.

[video=youtube;1U8qssSupFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U8qssSupFs[/video]

Reaction score
Awesome. "airman to Irvin, this combination is flying this year"

When was the game where they burned the cowboys helmet? I must've been about 6 or 7(94, 95) and my tv was all jacked up so I don't know if it was players, or fans, or if it was a fever dream

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
thx for the upload bb

That 91 season is still my favorite season ever. Sounds stupid but it is. I wished we could have got a crack at the skins in the championship game.

That game is on tenyardtorrent if you dont have the whole game.

that season was so great.

I bought a blue starter cowboys hoodie with my paper route money that year. I still have it and wear it to the stadium when it gets cold in december!

oh and the hit that hurt aikman in todays game would have been a 15 yard penalty, a huge fine on mann and would have been a huge media shitstorm declaring him a dirty player....

in 91 it was just a big play.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
thx for the upload bb

That 91 season is still my favorite season ever. Sounds stupid but it is. I wished we could have got a crack at the skins in the championship game.

That game is on tenyardtorrent if you dont have the whole game.

that season was so great.

I bought a blue starter cowboys hoodie with my paper route money that year. I still have it and wear it to the stadium when it gets cold in december!

oh and the hit that hurt aikman in todays game would have been a 15 yard penalty, a huge fine on mann and would have been a huge media shitstorm declaring him a dirty player....

in 91 it was just a big play.

Yeah, you could really see them turning the corner that year. Winning at Philly in WK 15 was a big step in the maturation process. Funny how we should have swept the eventual SB champion Skins that year, but got drubbed by the Lions twice.

1990 had some nice moments as well, like the come-from-behind victory at LA and beating the Skins on Thanksgiving.

[video=youtube;tqpn6y6xBhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqpn6y6xBhw[/video]

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SgCHxwJDe5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCHxwJDe5k[/video]

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, you could really see them turning the corner that year. Winning at Philly in WK 15 was a big step in the maturation process. Funny how we should have swept the eventual SB champion Skins that year, but got drubbed by the Lions twice.

1990 had some nice moments as well, like the come-from-behind victory at LA and beating the Skins on Thanksgiving.

[video=youtube;tqpn6y6xBhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqpn6y6xBhw[/video]

That 90 rams game is the game laufenberg has been talking about forever, its his claim and mike fisher in his book about the cowboys that aikman the night before was ready to storm into jimmys room and demand a trade and request not to play. He kept hearing from other coaches that jimmy was bashing him in meetings and thought he was a problem and wasnt getting better!

then he goes out and as laufenberg has told it many times has the game that changed his career and started a 4 game winning streak.

that 91 week 2 monday night game, our first since I think 86 or so against washington is another all timer. Emmitt smith drank a new powerade style drink he was supposed to promote at halftime and got really sick...I guess he couldnt stop puking....he was incredible in that game early.....had that amazing run where he spun and shook like 6 tackles on a 70 yd td........if he hadnt been sick we might have won that game against them too.

we just didnt have the pass defense to get into scoring duels in the silverdome in 91. Incredible season though....

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
That 90 rams game is the game laufenberg has been talking about forever, its his claim and mike fisher in his book about the cowboys that aikman the night before was ready to storm into jimmys room and demand a trade and request not to play. He kept hearing from other coaches that jimmy was bashing him in meetings and thought he was a problem and wasnt getting better!

Makes we wonder if Bayless was right when he wrote that Jimmy said "Aikman was a loser in college and would continue to be one in the pros." A lot of people think he made that quote up.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Makes we wonder if Bayless was right when he wrote that Jimmy said "Aikman was a loser in college and would continue to be one in the pros." A lot of people think he made that quote up.

Didn't Jimmy try to recruit Aikman to play for him at Miami before Troy decided to choose Oklahoma?

I thought I read that in Boys Will Be Boys.

Reaction score
Damn, Emmitt was a badass!!

Irvin owned Darryl Green!!

I feel for you that were too young to enjoy that 90's team...It was total domination week in and week out....These videos were just the begining!

What we have now days is pure shit!

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Its not, Jimmy has addressed this.

Jimmy= much better source than Bayless

Top Bottom