Reaction score
Courtesy of Chocolate Lab:

He popped on for a few minutes when Deion was on... I bet there will be multiple stories about this tomorrow because he said some interesting things.

First, he admitted that he didn't like doing interviews because he felt like it could put him on the spot and it was just something he didn't like. Said he's a do your job and go home, stay out of the spotlight kind of guy. (Oops, I bet this will get some spotlight on him.)

Asked what was one thing the media gets wrong, and he answered when they say we aren't tough. Says that pissed him off. But that's about the only thing that really bothers him.

Deion asked Hatcher what they needed on this team, and said to just answer yes or no so you don't get in trouble.

A couple of corners... *Awkward pause*.... Yes.
Maybe a safety... Yes
Defensive line to give you some heat on the other side... Yeah.
A LB who can cover... No.
A "banger" LB to really take control... No, I really think we have that in Sean Lee.

Does the team need more pass rush or more coverage? It works hand-in-hand. We need to get the secondary fixed but we need to rush better, too.

Said he thought Rob Ryan was great, but (with Deion leading the witness a little) thought the lack of OTAs really hurt because communication is so important in his defense.

Ben Rogers asked who are the leaders on the Dallas Cowboys, and he paused and said.... I don't know. I really don't know. That's a good question. That's another thing we lack. We have talent, we have everything we need. But someone like a Ray Lewis is what we need. Someone that when he speaks, everyone listens. We definitely need someone like that.

Ben asked what he meant, was that really that big a deal anyway, or was it just a matter of executing plays. Do you really need someone to pull you together? Hatcher said.. Yeah, I think so. Accountabilty, too... You need someone to hold you accountable. If you had that one guy that everyone would buy into and get everyone pulling in one direction, it would be huge. But we really don't have that right now. We're still looking for that.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I agree with Hatcher. DeMarcus Ware smiles alot and is a "aw shucks" kind of guy, plus there are reports that Tony Romo is aloof with his teammates (I remember reading that in article somewhere). It also looks like Jason Witten doesn't want anything to do with younger players re: his attitude towards Bennett his rookie year, granted Bennett is a fucktard, but still. Newman whines, etc.

Sean Lee has the wherewithal to be that type of guy, but that's about it. We need more.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be the least bit suprised of Lee started to take more of that vocal role this year. It was probably hard for him last year because you don't want to step on Brookins toes and he was always trying to be the rally guy.

C

Cr122

Well, not for nothing, but Brookings wasn't mentioned.

IMO he's gone. He did okay for us for a season or two but it's time to move on.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If there was ever any question that are team is dumb there shouldn't be.

This guy goes on the radio station locally that hates the team and it's players and throws his teammates under the bus.

This is all they are talking about...thus stations ratings are so poor that they will cling to these statements for months.

In one shot he just took a huge shit at romo, ware and witten..

What a stupid team. Can't wait till the rest of the vets who are role plyers are gone.

Reaction score
If only ray Lewis was a free agent at one point a few years ago and wanting to come here

If only

Ray never wanted to come here. No way in hell would he have left Baltimore.

That was just dumbass Deion trying to get him here and talk it up.

Reaction score
Ray may have been playing us for sure. But we are still the cowboys. I think he went for like 3/25m.

Spears/scandrick money

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ray may have been playing us for sure. But we are still the cowboys. I think he went for like 3/25m.

Spears/scandrick money

What would he have done?

Honestly, his leadership thing is just completely overdone.

If he played in Dallas and they kept losing in the playoffs and couldn't beat the eagles like the ravens can't beat the steelers he would be getting blamed the way ware and romo do here.

The difference is he plays in a small blue collar city that people dot really pay any attention to, if he played the NFC east and had to run around covering the tight ends in this division and deal with the offenses in this division he would be viewed much differently.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought the same thing theebs but the past two years I dont know. I keep wanting to hate on Ray because I think his antics are so fake and contrived that his teammates HAVE to see through them but the dude keeps producing. Plays every down and when you watch at the end of games he is forever making big plays. Way better than he seems in coverage too.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought the same thing theebs but the past two years I dont know. I keep wanting to hate on Ray because I think his antics are so fake and contrived that his teammates HAVE to see through them but the dude keeps producing. Plays every down and when you watch at the end of games he is forever making big plays. Way better than he seems in coverage too.

Not saying he is not good, just saying this Jedi like persona people put on him is insane.

Reaction score
Theebs I agree on the premise for the most part. these are Grown men and don't need to be worked on the sideline.

But I believe there are a few special guys who can get the most out of players. They make them pay attention in the film room, they make them work harder in practice, they keep their heads in the game when things look bleak. There's a reason hatcher mentioned ray 1.5K miles away. Good luck to Sensabaugh, Newman, and Spencer trying their half-assed shit w/ ray breathing down their necks .

Why does the ravens D constantly fight for the football forcing a league high in fumbles? Good practice habits, hard-nosed, awareness, and communication. Our guys don't even gang tackle

I think your team is better off with a ray Lewis or a Brian Dawkins

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not saying he isn't good or is not a leader of men.

I just don't think it is a plug n play situation. I don't think u could just put him in a different city and get the same result......it's a unique thing with him in Baltimore. It's a built in thing there.

If he were to go somewhere else I believe he would be viewed differently especially in the NFC east......

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
But just think, theebs. Ray Lewis and Sean Lee would be our starting ILBs this year with Bruce Carter as depth and sub-package player. Add another OLB, and we'd be pretty set on D.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
This team has been leaderless since they were winning Super Bowls. There is no one on this team with anything close to the leadership abilities of an Irvin, Aikman or Haley (not sure if he was a leader or just bat shit crazy enough to give the defense some teeth).

I do think the screwed up front office has something to do with it. Jones creates an odd atmosphere in Dallas.

Top Bottom