Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Oakland cut Routt and Wimbley's contract is not much different in terms of dollars per year commitment.

He's 11M on the cap this year. If he gets cut, would you want to bring him in?

Reaction score
I don't know enough about the guy. He's played for two teams that I really couldn't care less about - Cleveland and Oakland.

What are your thoughts on him?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the guy. He's played for two teams that I really couldn't care less about - Cleveland and Oakland.

What are your thoughts on him?

To be honest, I haven't seen enough of him to say he's good at multiple facets of the game but I think he would definitely provide a player opposite of Ware that teams would consider a respectable threat.

The guy seems like a hard worker and pretty well spoken for, too. I dunno if there's some things in his past that might be questionable but just based on the interviews he seems to conduct himself in a very positive manner.

I'm really hoping he becomes available, to be honest. I doubt he does but with Oakland you never know what they might do.

Don't quote me on it but I thought I had read a long, long time ago that had he been available when Dallas picked that he may have been the choice instead of Bobby Carpenter. He went to Cleveland like 5 picks sooner. Maybe it's wishful revisionist history on my part but I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I haven't paid much attention to him, but I liked him coming out of college.

If he becomes available, I definitely wouldn't mind us picking him up.

Really, I just don't care to see Spencer another down.

C

Cr122

I'd rather have Matt Roth and D'Qwell Jackson. I agree about not having Spencer in the mix.

Reaction score
Wimbley i'd be interested in at the right price.. Roth, not so much. Rather have Spencer back if we can't get someone like Wimbley at a cheaper price.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either player, but why the hell would you say you'd rather keep Spencer at twice what he'll likely end up making in any long term deal than have Wimbley?

Just makes no sense, man.

C

Cr122

Can it be that Spencer just isn't as good as most thought?

He has definitely not played like a first rounder should. We need someone better opposite Ware.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He has definitely not played like a first rounder should. We need someone better opposite Ware.

I agree we need a better pass rusher opp Ware, but Spencer hasnt been a "bust" either. He's been a decent starter who at times (like the second half of 2009) has been a dominant player.

I think its a large reach to say he hasnt been worth a late 1st rd pick.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Can it be that Spencer just isn't as good as most thought?

Wimbley hads put up comparable numbers to that of Spencer---in many cases better, and without the benefit of having a Ware opposite of him. With that said, I'd still rather draft an OLB/DE.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I agree we need a better pass rusher opp Ware, but Spencer hasnt been a "bust" either. He's been a decent starter who at times (like the second half of 2009) has been a dominant player.

I think its a large reach to say he hasnt been worth a late 1st rd pick.

If he had been worth his pick, he would have been re-signed to a new contract probably last offseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If he had been worth his pick, he would have been re-signed to a new contract probably last offseason.

Maybe, maybe not. Not all early round picks get contract extensions before their current deals are up.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just finished scouting Kam's pro career and sent the report to Jerry.

Last time someone scouted a player and sent the tapes, we ended up with a great kicker for a minute.

Top Bottom