Reaction score
Rick Gosselin, sports columnist for The Dallas Morning News and SportsDayDFW.com and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee, answered your questions about the Cowboys and the NFL playoffs in a live chat Monday. Some excerpts:

What do you think of the possibility of using Miles Austin as a bargaining chip for some help in the secondary?
There's a difference when a receiver must face the other team's top corner each week and have double coverage pointed his way. That's what Austin and Bryant have faced in their careers. Robinson has not. He's a fine complementary receiver, but life would change for him if he was lining up against the Pro Bowl cornerbacks every week. I've seen too many second and third receivers sign on for big money elsewhere as the lead guy and fail. Alvin Harper was a classic example.

Why do Dallas fans expect Jerry Jones to change?

They shouldn't. The clock is ticking on Romo's chances to win a Super Bowl. What happens when Romo is gone? Do you have any faith that Jerry can come up with a young franchise quarterback? More likely we'll see another parade of the Randall Cunninghams Drew Bledsoes and Vinny Testaverdes.

Will there ever be a time when we stop talking about these Cowboys and pay attention to more pressing items like the teams that are in and succeeding in the playoffs rather than those that just cant make it?

Probably not.

Other than Laurent Robinson, would you re-sign any of the Cowboys' other free agents?

I'd be interested in re-signing Spencer at the right price. He has some traits in run support I like. And you have to be able to hang in against the run in the NFC East.

Jerry Jones has to prove to Dallas fans if he is serious about spending a lot of money on big-name free agents and not these also-ran players.

As long as the Cowboys lead the league in attendance -- an average of 85,000 per game this season -- he has nothing to prove to the Dallas fans. They obviously like what they see -- or at least tolerate what they see -- or they wouldn't be spinning the turnstiles at a record pace.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In other words ....... stop going to the games, idiots.

C

Cr122

Best attendance in the league? It won't last if this team continues to be mediocre.

I want to win the Super Bowl like any other fan, but this team needs to fill a lot of holes to get there.

Every year I look forward to Cowboys football and it always ends up with the same result. 17 years and counting.

If Jerry was such a great GM like most fans like to think, why haven't we improved? I think last years draft was the best I've seen in a while with Jerry. Hopefully it continues and he also signs some key free agents.

I won't get my hopes up though.

C

Cr122

In other words ....... stop going to the games, idiots.

That's because 85% of the fan base are idiots.

~what? We're losing, so what we'll continue to fill Jerry's pockets.~

C

Cr122

~patiently waiting for Laz's post~

Ya'll a bunch of whiney bitches!!

Reaction score
Will there ever be a time when we stop talking about these Cowboys and pay attention to more pressing items like the teams that are in and succeeding in the playoffs rather than those that just cant make it?

Probably not.
Sounds like sand in the vagina syndrome there.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's because 85% of the fan base are idiots.

~what? We're losing, so what we'll continue to fill Jerry's pockets.~

Wrong.

It's because if you give up your seats you are not getting them back.

People from out of town who have never been to the stadium or any stadium Dnt understand.

I am going to go to the games no matter our record and I am most certainly never going to give up my tickets.

I like my seat. It would be tremendously stupid for me to have paid for a seat license to secure my seat and then turn around and give it up and lose the 3500 dollars my psl cost me.

Gosselin knows this but he is just looking for the same audience he always plays too.

This notion that fans are just going to stop or should just stop going to games makes zero sense and anyone claiming this is actually an idiot.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wrong.

People from out of town who have never been to the stadium or any stadium Dnt understand.

I am going to go to the games no matter our record and I am most certainly never going to give up my tickets.

I like my seat. It would be tremendously stupid for me to have paid for a seat license to secure my seat and then turn around and give it up and lose the 3500 dollars my psl cost me.

Gosselin knows this but he is just looking for the same audience he always plays too.

This notion that fans are just going to stop or should just stop going to games makes zero sense and anyone claiming this is actually an idiot.

theebs why don't you just set your money on fire, maybe Jerry will get the point then?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wrong.

I'm with you here. If I lived in Dallas I would have season tickets no matter what. Jerry could insist on singing the National Anthem, playing QB the first series, and choreographing the cheerleaders at halftime, and I would still be there every week to watch my favorite NFL team.

As it is, I base my whole weeknd schedule around watching the Cowboys game, knowing damn well that losses, especially the way we lose, is going to hurt like Hell.

I used to think you were a typical homer..excuse maker.. but then I read a few posts where you were defending the homecrowd and your fellow season-ticket holders. I realized you were a damn good fan and have paid more attention to your posts since then (like my approval means anything). I'm glad you are over here. Now, if you could just do something about dbair.

Top Bottom