Reaction score
Mike Jenkins facing 4-6 months of rehab
January, 19, 2012

By Todd Archer
IRVING,Texas -- Cornerback Mike Jenkins had surgery last week on his right shoulder and it’s possible he will be in the midst of rehab as the Cowboys hold their organized team activities and mini-camp in the spring.

Jenkins is looking at a 4-6 month recovery time, according to a source. If he needs the full rehab time, then he could miss all of the offseason work and be ready for training camp, which will begin in late July.

Jenkins suffered the injury on Dec. 11 against the New York Giants and was limited for the final four games. He wore a protective harness that made it difficult for him to lift his arm over his head. He aggravated the injury in the Jan. 1 season finale against the Giants, seeing action only in multiple wide receiver formations.

Safety Barry Church had a similar surgery before the season ended.

Backup nose tackle Josh Brent had knee surgery since the season ended. He missed four games with a sprained medial collateral ligament and kneecap injury.

C

Cr122

Shit. I was hoping he would of been able to do the OTAs. Oh well, as long as he goes through a full TC under JG he'll be fine.

Can't catch a break and have everyone on the same page.

C

Cr122

^^^^^
I want this defense to have a full off season. No excuses for next year.

I'll give Jenkins a pass seeing he was our best corner last year though. The rest of them really need it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jenkins deserves some props for playing basically this whole year hurt, and he played well. He played hard too and threw his body around, even when his shoulder was beat all to hell.

Top Bottom