Reaction score
i like this. steelers are out.

[video=youtube;ag2xAKQV300]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2xAKQV300&feature=g-u&context=G207f41eFUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Reaction score
Very newman-esque day for Ike Taylor.

Broncos fans must have had a hard time falling asleep tonight. Lotta excitement.

Reaction score
Steelers have trouble winning when they don't get all the favorable calls going their way, ha.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Very newman-esque day for Ike Taylor.

Broncos fans must have had a hard time falling asleep tonight. Lotta excitement.

As bad as Newman played this yr, yesterdays game by Ike Taylor was one of the alltime worst ever for a CB. He couldnt cover or tackle.

Reaction score
As bad as Newman played this yr, yesterdays game by Ike Taylor was one of the alltime worst ever for a CB. He couldnt cover or tackle.

Very homerific statement here. Denver was stacking the box against the run on all day. Taylor had no safety help on any of those plays he "gave up" to Thomas. In fact, the first 30+ yard bombs was actually extremely well defended and just a perfect pass. This is much different than the Giants gameplan of just throwing it to the receiver that Newman was covering over and over again till they scored. By the second game, it was also determined that you could just hurdle over him to avoid being tackled, so they started creating matchups to isolate him.

Taylor was the on-field victim of LeBeau's arrogance last night.

Reaction score
Steelers have trouble winning when they don't get all the favorable calls going their way, ha.

And to think, there were some blatant facemask non-calls.

Not to mention that painfully obvious backwards pass that was blown dead, thus preventing the Broncos from recoving in scoring position.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Very homerific statement here. Denver was stacking the box against the run on all day. Taylor had no safety help on any of those plays he "gave up" to Thomas. In fact, the first 30+ yard bombs was actually extremely well defended and just a perfect pass. This is much different than the Giants gameplan of just throwing it to the receiver that Newman was covering over and over again till they scored. By the second game, it was also determined that you could just hurdle over him to avoid being tackled, so they started creating matchups to isolate him.

Taylor was the on-field victim of LeBeau's arrogance last night.

lol

Yeah, ok

Taylor played like garbage.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
First thing I thought of was very Alvin Harper-esque circa 1993 playoffs vs 49ers. Except Thomas has a mean stiff arm and the legs to get him to goal line.

Reaction score
lol

I got myself caught in an argument with a homer about why Newman sucks less than Taylor. Kinda retarded premise. Ike Taylor himself admitted that it was the most embarrassing game of his life. The difference is that Lebeau handicapped both his corners. Big difference between that, and just plain being handicapped, which is Newman's problem. At one point vs. NY, they switched Newman over to cover a random WR4, and Eli still kept throwing towards him and completing passes. That's just deliberate buttsexing of a corner.

I stole this from the couchscout of the steelerland, so I know it's accurate:

The Steelers lost this game, because Dick LeBeau didn't believe Tebow could hit wide receivers.

Watch the big plays, and count the men in the box. LeBeau left single coverage on the outside for the majority of the game. He had either 8 or 9 men in the box on every play.

He wasn't exactly blitzing. He had 4 pass rushers. He then left 2 spies. The safeties came up to play man on man right off the line. That leaves both corners on an island.

Tebow didn't make a lot of great throws, but he did make a lot of good throws. He was throwing against single coverage, which rarely occurs in the NFL. Because there were two spies, he wasn't forced to roll away from pressure.

LeBeau's gameplan would be considered overly aggressive in high school football, let alone professional football. Tebow still didn't complete over 50% of his throws, but the 10 completions he had were huge.

So we know Tebow can beat cover 0, and the Steelers learned it the hard way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lol

I got myself caught in an argument with a homer about why Newman sucks less than Taylor. Kinda retarded premise. Ike Taylor himself admitted that it was the most embarrassing game of his life. The difference is that Lebeau handicapped both his corners. Big difference between that, and just plain being handicapped, which is Newman's problem. At one point vs. NY, they switched Newman over to cover a random WR4, and Eli still kept throwing towards him and completing passes. That's just deliberate buttsexing of a corner.

I stole this from the couchscout of the steelerland, so I know it's accurate:

Ike Taylor is supposed to be a good CB. The Broncos dont have anyone you'd consider a "good" WR. And the Stealers cheap shotted the shit out of the best WR the Broncos had early in the game, knocking him out.

With as lousy as Tebow is throwing the ball, average CB's should be able to stick with average WR's. Taylor got turned around multiple times. He tackled like a pansy ass and he never looked back for the ball once that I saw. If Newman had played a game equally as shitty as this, there's have been 5000 posts on it.

Top Bottom