Reaction score
ByBrandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

6:25 PM on Sun., Dec. 18, 2011 | Permalink
IRVING -- With Cowboys receiver Miles Austin back from injury the last two games, Dez Bryant's chances have decreased.

Austin missed four consecutive games with a pulled right hamstring before returning for the game against the Giants a week ago.

In the four games Austin missed, quarterback Tony Romo targeted Bryant 34 times with passes. Over the last two games in which Austin has played, Romo has only attempted six passes to Bryant (and he's caught five of them). Romo has thrown to Austin 15 times over the last two games (completing nine).

Bryant has caught a touchdown pass in three consecutive games and Austin has a touchdown catch in the last two games.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Sunday that his receivers embody the team's unselfish nature.

"It is tangible when you talk about receivers, how many catches does a guy have in the game," Garrett said. "Everybody understands how we play offensive football around here. We attack defenses in different ways. They just have to be ready when their number comes up."

C

Cr122

I like the approach. It's pick your poison for our opponents with all our receivers healthy.

Reaction score
I love me some Witten, but I am jealous of teams like NO, NE, GB...that have young talented TEs who can get YAC.

Bennett was supposed to be that, but we need to address it this offseason and draft.

Reaction score
I love me some Witten, but I am jealous of teams like NO, NE, GB...that have young talented TEs who can get YAC.

Bennett was supposed to be that, but we need to address it this offseason and draft.

A back up TE will never be more than a check down in this offense.

The reason why Bennett is such an underachiever is because he's not the focal point of the offense, and he gets bored/disinterested.

If Jason Garrett went into a week telling Bennett we were going to get him heavily involved, I think we'd see all that potential fulfilled for a game.

So yeah, I'd be against spending a relatively high draft pick for a back up TE while we have so many holes.

Reaction score
I think you could get an athletic guy in the 4th round or after. A Drake Dunsmore/Kyler Reed type guy.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A back up TE will never be more than a check down in this offense.

The reason why Bennett is such an underachiever is because he's not the focal point of the offense, and he gets bored/disinterested.

If Jason Garrett went into a week telling Bennett we were going to get him heavily involved, I think we'd see all that potential fulfilled for a game.

So yeah, I'd be against spending a relatively high draft pick for a back up TE while we have so many holes.

There are 2 TE's in college I really like for the 2013 draft. I guess they could declare this year but I'm not sure they will. The timing is about right to learn from Witten for 2 years and be ready to shine year 3.

Joseph Fauria UCLA 6-8/252
http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fauria_joseph00.html
65899760.jpg

Levine Toil-o-lo (no hyphens but you can't type lol without the smiley) Stanford 6-8/263
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/toilolo_levine00.html
a9f29b3ca1f6431fb31462bb5712a788.jpg

Reaction score
I don't agree. We have a Ton of decoy screens and whatnot designed for martellus.

What's worse, the weekly moles Austin drop or the ensuing smile

Top Bottom