IheartNYG

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Can we pull ourselves together an beat a game TB team ob the road - or have we quit already ?

asklesko

Spectator
Reaction score
We will beat the Bucs, because it is our mo to always do just enough to give us hope for making the playoffs.

Reaction score
I don't think it matters at this point. This team has proven repeatedly that it can and will continue to find ways to lose. It was possible, but not likely, that after the four game win streak we could've moved past the blown games from early in the year. But these last two games show that the same bumbling, mistake-filled team is still alive and well. Even if we beat TB and/or Philly you just know we'll end up losing in NY and probably in unfathomable fashion.
But if somehow they end up eeking into the playoffs, that will definitely end horribly. At this point, I've seen enough. I have zero hope they can magically start playing winning, mistake-free ball. 2011 is over.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
8-6 > 7-7

What would it prove about the quality or makeup of this team? Despite our myriad problems, nobody doubts that we have enough talent to beat a sorry ass team like Tampa, but so what? Tampa's not the benchmark when it comes to proving yourself as a legitimate playoff contender/threat. For the moment, we're paper tigers.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can we pull ourselves together an beat a game TB team ob the road - or have we quit already ?

they havent quit, they just are poor in every aspect on defense.

They have to somehow find a way to win at tampa on a short week with a number of injuries and then get ready for the eagles. If they somehow can get those two we get a rematch and who knows what happens.

we should score alot of points in tampa. Although it appears its never enough anyway.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
they havent quit, they just are poor in every aspect on defense.

Exactly right. Last night had nothing to do with quitting. It was all about our defense not being good enough, both in talent and direction.

Reaction score
I don't think the team has quit. The defense just isn't any good - that's a reality.

I think we win, and the defense looks respectable, but that will have more to do with us playing a bad team than anything else.

I also think we split the remaining two games (Phi & @NYG) to finish 9-7.

And that might not be a bad thing, afterall.

Better draft pick, and it means we go into next year with the #2 schedule - which means we'd end up playing the Lions at home (NYG would get Packers) and either Seattle or Arizona on the road (NYG would get 9'ers).

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... I'm hoping we win the division. I'd love for us to go into that week 17 game, in NY, with the division on the line - a huge game, and come out victors. Fuck the Giants.

And I'd love to win a playoff game. I've made repeated mention of how I tire of the whole "cowboys only won 1 playoff game since 1996" and "romo can't win" mantra. Shut some people up.

But I know that this team is too flawed to do much of anything in the post season. Maybe win one game.

If we end up not making it, it would help up going into next year - where hopefully we'll have a new defensive coaching staff, some new, worth a shat offensive lineman, and a clean slate.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And hopefully we'll let Gerald Sensabaugh leave as a free agent.

Are you kidding? Sensabaugh is exactly the type of mediocre player we want to build this organization around. Next up, we'll sign Frank Walker to an extension. Hopefully follow that up with a hefty raise for Dave Campo.

Commitment to Mediocrity

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think I'm going to be pissed for a very long time. We gave both Scandrick and Sensy 5 year extensions. fml

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Scandrick's extension might have been worse. We'll be stuck with those retards for the next few years.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's pretty cool that we've drafted 5 secondary players in the past 5 years.

2009 - DeAngelo Smith, Mike Hamlin, Mike Mickens
2010- Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
2011 - Josh Thomas

We're good. Let's just keep doing things exactly the way we have been. Everything is fine.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Small school standouts FTW!

I thought we learned our lesson already from the Dwayne Goodrich/Pete Hunters of the world?:confused

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Scandrick's extension might have been worse. We'll be stuck with those retards for the next few years.

You're probably right. I mean; afterall, Sensy has been stellar in coverage for 1 and 3/4 years running.

Top Bottom