Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who the players are. It doesn't matter who the coaches are. It doesn't matter which officiating crew is calling the game.

This shit always happens.

Even going back to the Campo years. We were shitty, no doubt, but we played in a lot of close games that usually ended with a defensive collapse late.

What's with this team being prone to late game collapse? Historically, it's been the defense, but even the special teams is getting into the fold these days. We all know Romo has had his moments, but mainly it's been the defense in recent years.

Is it really Jerry Jones? I know he's a dipshit, but can he really have that effect on every group of players and coaches that he employs? He's the only element that has been constant the last 15 or so years.

I'm losing my mind over this team.

Reaction score
I am one of those Anti-Jerry fans. At the end of the day, he created the product on the field and sidelines. Bradie James said the players feel a sense of entitlement from being a Dallas Cowboy. How can they feel that way when it’s been over 15 years of failure? Easy, Jerry Jones gives that to them. Like you said...different coaches, different players, different schemes, differents refs, different stadiums...whatever else, same results. One true constant...
jerry-jones.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's the coaching. Mediocre at best since 2000. Parcells brought in a great staff and changed the culture here, but it has all gone to shit now once again. Garrett is in way over his head and the positional coaches are garbage. We had some amazing positional coaches for the super bowl runs. Now it's almost like anyone is allowed to be hired to fill in those positions. That makes a huge difference. I'd like to see Gruden or Fisher hired and given autonomy to bring in their own staff. It would help for the development of each player at their individual position. I am pretty sure Romo has not had a decent QB coach since 2006. That's not a good thing.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I would really like to know if Stephen is planning on handling the team the same way as his daddy.

Not speculation, but from the horses mouth. I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time hoping that change is just around the corner.

Reaction score
Stephen was a huge Garrett advocate. They missed bigtime on this guy. He hasn't cleaned anything up here. The culture of blowing games and being sloppy in the process continues to remain. Stephen was also largely in charge of the Roy E. Williams trade which turned out to be one of the worst ever in the entire league. They hold onto players like Newman for too long, and cut players like Crayton and Gurode too soon without an adequate replacement.

There doesn't seem to be a real plan with the management here. They seem to just plug up holes as they go. Defense sucks? Ok lets hire Wade as HC since he's a great DC. That makes total sense.

There's no foresight or player development. We've had issues in the secondary for a few years now. Why does it need to get to the point of just absolute failure and embarrassment before the management realizes that they have to address things at each position?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Stephen was a huge Garrett advocate. They missed bigtime on this guy. He hasn't cleaned anything up here. The culture of blowing games and being sloppy in the process continues to remain. Stephen was also largely in charge of the Roy E. Williams trade which turned out to be one of the worst ever in the entire league. They hold onto players like Newman for too long, and cut players like Crayton and Gurode too soon without an adequate replacement.

There doesn't seem to be a real plan with the management here. They seem to just plug up holes as they go. Defense sucks? Ok lets hire Wade as HC since he's a great DC. That makes total sense.

There's no foresight or player development. We've had issues in the secondary for a few years now. Why does it need to get to the point of just absolute failure and embarrassment before the management realizes that they have to address things at each position?

How old will Witten/Ware/Romo/Austin be in 3 years when there's a new offense brought in?

It's getting very close to being over with this group. Very sad.

I can't wait for the next round of 2nd round reaches and ex-baseball playing projects at QB.

Reaction score

Well its still not at that point i guess because they won't be addressing it for several years now. Unless by "addressing it" you mean resigning all the players who suck that we have now to long term extensions.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Blaming these types of losses on Jerry is silly. The end.

It's not these types of losses, it's the last 15 years. Why are the same things happening with different coaches and different players?

I think it's got everything to do with Jerry Jones. He's the only piece that hasn't been changed through all this crap.

If it's not him, what is it?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The way the team comes up small, more than just the losses.

Why is that what this team is known for the last 15 years?

It hasn't gotten even a little bit better since last years disappointment. The team still finds a way to accomplish failure.

Reaction score
It's not these types of losses, it's the last 15 years. Why are the same things happening with different coaches and different players?

I think it's got everything to do with Jerry Jones. He's the only piece that hasn't been changed through all this crap.

I think its a bit too simplistic to point at Jerry and say, "Its your fault because you're the constant here."

Doesn't really grasp the full scope of the problems this franchise has had, although i agree a large percentage of it could be attributed to him.

We've been headed back in the right direction though in recent years with a couple postseason appearances. Just have to get over the hump and make sure we don't go backwards. If we don't get into the postseason this year, i'll be very disappointed.. but anxious to see what Garrett and Ryan can do with a full offseason.

Reaction score
I think its a bit too simplistic to point at Jerry and say, "Its your fault because you're the constant here."

Doesn't really grasp the full scope of the problems this franchise has had, although i agree a large percentage of it could be attributed to him.

We've been headed back in the right direction though in recent years with a couple postseason appearances. Just have to get over the hump and make sure we don't go backwards. If we don't get into the postseason this year, i'll be very disappointed.. but anxious to see what Garrett and Ryan can do with a full offseason.

When he's hired guys like Switzer, Gailey, Campo, Wade and Garrett more for his comfort level rather than for their coaching ability, then yeah, it's on Jerry. When he has continued to be the GM since the day Jimmy left, then yeah it's on Jerry.

Reaction score
It's the coaching. Mediocre at best since 2000. Parcells brought in a great staff and changed the culture here, but it has all gone to shit now once again.

These same stupid losses occured repeatedly under Parcells watch as well.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's gotta be some sort of curse.

The ticket here locally always claims jerry sold his soul to the devil for that last superbowl win in 95 and he will never win again.

i would laugh if i almost didnt believe it and wasnt still numb from watching the giants beat us yet again.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I'm not sure how having a 12 point lead with less than 5 minutes left, and then a certain group of defensive players (secondary) decide to celebrate and go into cruise mode because they think the game is in the bag, and thus no reason to risk getting themselves hurt, can all this be attributed to Jerry. I agree with RTH in that it's too simplistic in blaming Jerry.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thinking Jerry is not a huge part of the problem is beyond "silly". He has created this environment. Be a star, create buzz, and don't worry there's no real accountability. Unless of course you're a third-string RB. In that case, we will cut you tho show you who's boss. God help you if you have a big salary coming next season because we will get rid of you despite not having a capable replacement.

History, science, and common sense prove that if things have not worked for a long period of time and there is only 1 constant, that constant is your problem.

Top Bottom