C

Cr122

[h=1][/h]December, 4, 2011
DEC 4
8:44
PM CT

By Tim MacMahon

GLENDALE, Ariz. – Orlando Scandrick was defiant about his game-altering penalty. Jerry Jones didn’t want to hear it.

Scandrick was flagged twice Sunday for an illegal block in the back on a punt return. The second infraction was especially harmful, negating Dez Bryant’s 35-yard return and costing the Cowboys 43 yards of field position before the final drive of regulation.

On both penalties, Scandrick raised both hands in the air, an unsuccessful attempt to convince the officials that he didn’t commit an infraction. He believes that he pulled up on both plays, insisting that any contact was incidental.

“What am I supposed to do?” Scandrick said. “Next time I’ll just turn around and stop.”

That doesn’t cut it with the man who signs Scandrick’s checks.

“You can’t touch people in the back,” Jones said. “That’s got to be coached. You cannot touch people in the back on kicking. And I’m not being critical of anybody. I’m just … the call was a good call. He hit him in the back.”

In this case, it prevented a significant strategic move from paying off big for the Cowboys.

This was the first time Bryant served as the team’s primary punt returner since Miles Austinstrained his hamstring in the Nov. 6 win over the Seahawks. Bryant’s last return would have set the Cowboys up for the win if not for Scandrick’s penalty.

“I felt great back there,” Bryant said. “On the last one, I thought it was going to hit. I just told [Kevin Ogletree] to get his guy and we were going to be off to the races.”

Bryant was right, but it didn’t matter because of the flags behind him.

C

Cr122

Scandrick's a fool and should be cut. Seriously. He's a fucking idiot. He's a big part of the reason we lost.

C

Cr122

“You can’t touch people in the back,” Jones said. “That’s got to be coached. You cannot touch people in the back on kicking. And I’m not being critical of anybody. I’m just … the call was a good call. He hit him in the back.”

Jerry's the idiot that hired Campo back. So what's that tell ya?

I'd fire Campo in a heartbeat.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
he is a fuckin fool..should not be cut though..hes our 2nd best corner..just take his dumbass off STs

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry's the idiot that hired Campo back. So what's that tell ya?

I'd fire Campo in a heartbeat.

This isn't on Campo. Those penalties by Scandrick were done while playing special teams. DeCamillis is the blame for this one. I imagione it was his smart idea to have Scandrick on ST, becuase I do not ever recall Scandrick being on ST. So I'm thinking this is his first time on ST, and if it is, then it's kind of understandable that he would make some costly mistakes---not that this absolves him, but who did Scandrick replace on ST in the first place? DeCamillis has been fucking up.

But yes, I would fire Campo and DeCamillis.

C

Cr122

Campo doesnt coach the special teams

Yeah. No shit Sherlock. lol

I just wanted to say that about Campo because he sucks as a secondary coach.

Campo is horrible. And as far as DeCamilus goes, he can go shit in a hat too.

There was two plays where Scandrick fucked up. One on special teams and the other in the secondary.

Top Bottom