Reaction score
Report: Vikings to release McNabb
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2011, 1:53 PM EST

During both the Week 12 10-pack and Monday night’s edition of NBC SportsTalk, we pointed out that, if Vikings quarterback Donovan McNabb has any desire to play football, he should ask the team for his release.

He apparently has.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that McNabb will be released today.

The move will spark another game of waiver-wire bluff, in which any interested team much submit a claim for the balance of his one-year contract. The team with the highest priority will acquire his services.

The Texans should make a claim, notwithstanding the recent decision to sign Jake Delhomme. The Bears, who were blocked last week from getting Kyle Orton, also should make a claim.

Given Chicago’s lost last weekend to the Raiders, the Bears will have dibs over the Texans.

Another possibility is the Cowboys, given that Dallas also made a claim for Kyle Orton.

Regardless, it’ll make for an interesting 24 hours, especially while we wait for the Colts to cobble together an excuse for not making a claim for McNabb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I'd be fucking pissed if we signed him.

Let him go to Chicago. He won't make them better. Nor would he make Houston better. He sucks.

Reaction score
I bet this fat, lazy fuck has this dream scenario in his head where the Bears sign him and he leads them into the playoffs.

lol

Not gonna happen, you jackass failure.

Since April 2010... McNabb was traded within the division, benched, cut, signed by a third team, benched, and cut again.

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Fuck you McNabb.

Reaction score
McNabb reportedly out of shape in Minnesota
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 1, 2011, 3:49 PM EST

If the Bears are interested in Donovan McNabb, they may want to consider this missive written Thursday by Vikings beat writer Tom Pelissero of espn1500.com.

“McNabb was out of shape when he showed up and fell even more out of shape once he got benched,” Pelissero wrote.

Other factors working against McNabb heading to Chicago: He doesn’t know Mike Martz’s system and he didn’t have the greatest effort against the Bears earlier in the year.

Still, we find it hard to believe McNabb would request his release without knowing that some team wanted him. We’ll have to wait another day to find out what team that is.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Please god no...

no way is he a fit here. Completely different offense.

Reaction score
If Kitna cannot go you need a 3rd QB...I am not looking at McNabb as some kind of savior, but I would not pitch a fit if we signed him. He was my most hated player...ever...but if he can help then sign him.

Reaction score
If we sign a fat QB, I vote Jared Lorenzen.

Jared-Lorenzen-will-soon-belly-bump-Rikishi.jpg

Reaction score
Report: McNabb asked for release when Webb moved ahead of him

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 2, 2011, 12:20 PM EST

Donovan McNabb remained willing to play the part of the loyal soldier when he was benched in favor of Christian Ponder this season. But losing Minnesota’s No. 2 quarterback job to Joe Webb led McNabb to seek his release.

Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com reports that McNabb, who had been running the scout team offense in practice, asked for his release after being informed he would be No. 3 on the depth chart for the rest of the season, starting Sunday against the Broncos.

In other words, three different coaches in the last 20 months have concluded that McNabb was the third-best quarterback on the roster: Andy Reid preferred both Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick, Mike Shanahan preferred both Rex Grossman and John Beck, and now Leslie Frazier has chosen both Ponder and Webb over McNabb.

It’s easy to see why McNabb wouldn’t want to be a third-stringer, but it’s also easy to see why Frazier would promote Webb above McNabb on the depth chart. The Vikings aren’t going anywhere this year, and Webb is a young guy with talent. If Ponder gets hurt late this year, it would make a lot more sense to see what Webb can do than to put McNabb back in for a few meaningless final games.

Vikings offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave said on Thursday that the coaching staff thinks highly of Webb and thinks he has a future as a quarterback in Minnesota. McNabb has no future in Minnesota, and the only question is whether he has any future anywhere.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nobody claimed McFlabb, he is a free agent now.

On the other hand, the Vikes claimed Sage Rosenfels.

Top Bottom