dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if him and Garrett have had any discussions with the league about some of this crap. Especially the major discrpency in holding calls and the lack of holding calls on Ware.

Jerry Jones: Call against Elam was 'terrible'

November, 25, 2011
By Calvin Watkins

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones used the words "terrible" and "awful" to describe the penalty called against safety Abram Elam that kept the Miami Dolphins' go-ahead drive alive in the fourth quarter Thursday.

With the Dolphins facing third-and-4 from their own 38, DeMarcus Ware sacked quarterback Matt Moore to force a fourth down. But the referees flagged Elam with illegal contact, keeping the drive alive.

The Dolphins went on to get a 23-yard field goal by Shayne Graham to take a 19-17 lead midway through the fourth quarter. The Cowboys later responded to win the game on Dan Bailey's 28-yard field goal as time expired.

"We had a terrible, about as bad of an officiating call, on a hold on Elam, that would have given us the turnover, that I've seen," Jones said on his Friday morning radio show on KRLD-FM. "In review, it is awful. The bottom line is you got to have that. You're going to get some of those but you shouldn’t. But you're going to get some of them. It really shouldn’t be called if you don’t see it, and he didn’t see that because it wasn’t there."

Elam did get both hands on tight end Anthony Fasano as he tried a swim move to get past him while moving down the field. It was a questionable call in a close game where every play was important.

"That’s part of the game," Elam said of the call. "They get paid to officiate, we get paid to play, so all I can do is go back and line up and we were able to hold them down to just a field goal."

Reaction score
Me thinks Jerry has pissed off the refs(Their Association) behind the scenes.

If you want to see some real defensive holding just watch what CB's do to our WR's especially Bryant.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Me thinks Jerry has pissed off the refs(Their Association) behind the scenes.

If you want to see some real defensive holding just watch what CB's do to our WR's especially Bryant.

Its been going on for years, and getting worse.

That said, we were victimized by the refs alot during the Landry years too, it isnt just sense Jones bought the team.

Most people dont remember, but the Cowboys-Stealers game in Super Bowl 13 was officiated as bad, if not worse than the one everyone points to against Seattle. Also in Super Bowl 10, the Stealers didnt have 1 penalty against us.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;J5tbkuWZ7dk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tbkuWZ7dk[/video]

ticky tack

Reaction score
When you watch the replay, Moore was already in Ware's grasp before Elam made contact.

Reaction score
There's def. contact but they didn't call the game consistently at all. Can't allow Dez to get jailraped and flag a ticky-tack play like this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When you watch the replay, Moore was already in Ware's grasp before Elam made contact.

That was argument the whole time. The penalty shouldnt have been called because the guy never had a chance to even throw the ball.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've told you guys we get screwed by the refs every year. It's horrible. Midswat never has believed me.

Reaction score
That happens on every play. I didn’t like the call.

I was rewatching the game last night and Newman got away with a PI on that first Marshall bomb. Newman grabbed him before the ball got there. In the end it probably balanced out.

Reaction score
There's def. contact but they didn't call the game consistently at all. Can't allow Dez to get jailraped and flag a ticky-tack play like this.

Yea the Miami defender held his arm on that slant, but then also Dez pushed off on another route. I just wish the refs would let the players play. The Niners/Ravens was one of those games where they should error on not throwing a flag.

Top Bottom