dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rob Ryan: Watch out for Anthony Spencer

November, 18, 2011
by Tim MacMahon

IRVING, Texas – Outside linebacker Anthony Spencer has one sack in six games since he chased down Rex Grossman from behind and stripped the Redskins quarterback to seal the Cowboys’ Week 3 win.

Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan guarantees there are many more sacks to come from No. 93.

“You’re going to see a dynamic rusher,” Ryan said. “I think it’s going to show up this week. I really believe all his hard work is going to pay off. He’s going to jump off and everybody [will be] like, ‘Wow! Where did this production come from?’ Well, it’s coming and it’s coming fast.”

That’s a fairly bold claim based on 2007 first-round pick’s track record. Spencer has never had more than six sacks in a regular season.

Spencer has admitted “mailing it in” on occasion last season, but Ryan raves about his work ethic. Spencer has been working extra on pass rush, including sessions with former Cowboys Leon Lett and Charles Haley.

Ryan believes that’s reason for the Redskins to worry. He expects Spencer to go on a spree similar to the Cowboys’ 2009 playoff push, when he had six sacks in six weeks after getting shut out the first 10 games.

“You watch,” Ryan said. “This guy is going to be something, and he’s going to be something this week.”

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. So far he's been nothing but a bum

I don’t know about him being a bum. He is a solid player. Nothing too fancy but does a serviceable job. In my opinion he is an under achiever. I think Ryan is calling him out and putting some pressure on him because he knows Ware is going to be triple blocked.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Does Fat Rob think this is going to work?

Why doesn't he just have Ware and Spencer switch jersey numbers? That's the only way Spencer is taking attention away from Ware.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don’t know about him being a bum. He is a solid player. Nothing too fancy but does a serviceable job. In my opinion he is an under achiever. I think Ryan is calling him out and putting some pressure on him because he knows Ware is going to be triple blocked.

If chooses not to live up to his potential and chooses to just go through the motions to collect a paycheck then he's a bum, IMO. But that's obviously OK with Jerry. It wouldn't be if I owned the team.

Reaction score
Watch the Redskins slide the C, RG and RT over to triple-team Spencer every play this week because of Ryan's comments. Genius.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don’t know about him being a bum. He is a solid player. Nothing too fancy but does a serviceable job. In my opinion he is an under achiever. I think Ryan is calling him out and putting some pressure on him because he knows Ware is going to be triple blocked AND TACKLED.

Fixed it for you. That was a shameful display the last game. Even Gruden called out the refs on how could TWO refs be standing there watching Ware get tackled and not throw a flag.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

I think he makes more mistakes than his big play ie sacks output would warrant.

Reaction score
I think he makes more mistakes than his big play ie sacks output would warrant.

I am not a Spencer fan, but he is good against the run and he isn’t a glaring weakness on the defense. He just doesn’t make a lot spectacular plays for whatever reason. He has all the skills in the world, just doesn’t live up to it.

Reaction score
Hey i have a man crush for Rob Ryan. Don’t think i would suck his cock. Maybe give him a hand job.
vomit2.jpg

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Gotta play for something.

Moral victory in making Rob Ryan wrong would be their biggest victory in probably a month.

Top Bottom