Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Im sitting here working and the phone rings, i pickup and its a woman who takes 30 seconds to say hello.

then she does her best in english to tell me she is conducting a survey. Note, she is american.

says it will take 4 minutes so I agree, no big deal.

15 minutes into it, it becomes painfully obvious she cant read. I feel bad and hang in there.....20 minutes into this 4 minute survey she asks me to hold.....then I hear her talking to some other girl and they are talking about where they are going to dinner....

so when she comes back she asks me to answer the next question with too often, just enough, average or not enough. I elected to take the physical challenge....she didnt get it I hung up.

moral of the story. Let a robot call next time.

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
american american...

like went to school here born and raised. you know, like reading shouldnt have been the hard part of the job....

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
not sure bob, could have been white or black....

just knew she wasnt in a foreign country like we get so much.

she was so uninterested and talked so slow I couldnt tell.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Easy way to get rid of telemarketers, and guaranteed they wont call you back.

When they start going through their pitch interupt them, then tell them you have some product you want to discuss with them, and start giving them the sales pitch. I work in sales and saw this done by the father of a girl I used to date a long time ago. It worked like a charm for him, then I started doing it. They hang up and never call back.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You could also be my stepdad and cuss them out. He's really classy.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
usually I just hang up, but yesterday I was in the middle of working and was trying to come up with something interesting and the phone rang, so I figured I would be a nice person and let this woman go through her deal, she said 4 minutes...I figured if it helped her make money I would take the survey.

I always get kicked in the nuts when I do things like that.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Usually I'm nice to them because I know they're just doing their jobs.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
usually I just hang up, but yesterday I was in the middle of working and was trying to come up with something interesting and the phone rang, so I figured I would be a nice person and let this woman go through her deal, she said 4 minutes...I figured if it helped her make money I would take the survey.

I always get kicked in the nuts when I do things like that.

lol they get paid hourly. You = suckered. No wonder bbgun can't stand you :sneaky:

Cythim

Reaction score
I never get telemarketers, but whenever I call the bank they want to sell me some kind of protection plan that I do not want. After telling them I do not want it they say it is free to try and I can call back to cancel. At that point I tell them I do not want to call back to cancel so I will just cancel the plan right now, thank you.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
lol they get paid hourly. You = suckered. No wonder bbgun can't stand you :sneaky:

Yea I really am not worried about, just thought maybe finishing x amount of surveys coul ge them more or something.

Oh and I am glad begun hates me....he is the exact kind of person I dislike and he is a moron as a an of this team. I don't want him ever to like me.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yea I really am not worried about, just thought maybe finishing x amount of surveys coul ge them more or something.

Oh and I am glad begun hates me....he is the exact kind of person I dislike and he is a moron as a an of this team. I don't want him ever to like me.

I was only joking.

Top Bottom