Reaction score
October, 25, 2011

By Calvin Watkins
Cowboys working out players

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys have workouts scheduled with four players today at Valley Ranch.

Guard/Center Nick Cole, tackle Langston Walker and safeties Chris Horton and C.C. Brown will visit the complex this morning.

Cole is the most interesting name of the crew. He's started 29 games for the Philadelphia Eagles but was left on the free-agent market after allowing four sacks in 2010. Cole has also worked out for the Detroit Lions.

Walker, who spent the last two seasons in Oakland, played for Buffalo (2007 and 2008) after breaking into the NFL with the Oakland Raiders in 2002. Horton played for Washington from 2008 to 2010 and Brown has played for three NFL teams.

This doesn't mean the Cowboys will sign any of these players. It's one of those things where the team wants to see what type of shape these players are in in case a roster move is necessary.

If anything, with the health issues along the Cowboys offensive line, Cole and Walker are interesting players to watch going forward.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
cole and horton are interesting, talented but flawed players

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They figured out that Jermey Parnell isn't enough depth at Tackle. I think Laz suggested Cole a ways back. Horton is decent too.

Reaction score
They figured out that Jermey Parnell isn't enough depth at Tackle. I think Laz suggested Cole a ways back. Horton is decent too.

Cole is a guard/center.. and he is def an intriguing guy to look at. He played very well for the Eagirls at times. Walker.. idk. Don't have much of a background on him to form an opinion.

Reaction score
Cole is a guard/center.. and he is def an intriguing guy to look at. He played very well for the Eagirls at times. Walker.. idk. Don't have much of a background on him to form an opinion.

Your ignorance has never prevented you from sharing opinions in the past.

I trust you've turned over a new leaf?

Reaction score
Your ignorance has never prevented you from sharing opinions in the past.

I trust you've turned over a new leaf?

Ironic that you are the one being ignorant here.. all over one opinion you didn't agree with. Sad.

Reaction score
I'm sorry that makes you sad. Might I suggest you harden the fuck up?

Not suprisingly.. you misunderstood the statement again. Shall we focus on topic, or did you want to derail another of your own board's threads?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not suprisingly.. you misunderstood the statement again. Shall we focus on topic, or did you want to derail another of your own board's threads?

My bad.

So... yeah, the topic on hand... you're turning over a new leaf?

Reaction score
This is the kind of churning I was hoping they would do. Horton and Cole are not stars, but they are legitimate pros.

Walker is freaking massive...Buffalo gave him a shit ton of money, but he did not work out there. One interesting point about him was that Oakland frequently used him in FG block formations...maybe they have an eye for that as well.

Reaction score
Guard/Center Nick Cole, tackle Langston Walker and safeties Chris Horton and C.C. Brown will visit the complex this morning.

Walker, who spent the last two seasons in Oakland, played for Buffalo (2007 and 2008) after breaking into the NFL with the Oakland Raiders in 2002.

:farley

Top Bottom