Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm at a lost for words with this guy's play calling at the most critical points of games since he's been here and right now his body of work proves he's not ready for the big stage. The same head scratching results that make you want to F*%*k up you're living room while watching. (No dbair)

Reaction score
I'm at a lost for words with this guy's play calling at the most critical points of games since he's been here and right now his body of work proves he's not ready for the big stage. The same head scratching results that make you want to F*%*k up you're living room while watching. (No dbair)

Hell no he isn't the guy. It's week 7 and we haven't even won a Super Bowl yet.

LOUD NOISES!!!

Damn it, Cr122.. you thin skinned Nancy boy... was it really neccessary to delete that smiley?

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hell no he isn't the guy. It's week 7 and we haven't even won a Super Bowl yet.

LOUD NOISES!!!

Damn it, Cr122.. you thin skinned Nancy boy... was it really neccessary to delete that smiley?
I will take that as a compliment Faceswat...

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Tubby wasn't the answer and we took a wait and see approach for 3 1'2 seasons while it eroded.

Garrett hasn't been perfect but there is no way you can throw the guy to the wolves after just 13 games into his resume.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wanted so bad to see Garrett be the guy. I even noticed myself turning back into a homer.

I think Jerry has created something that no coach can overcome. Entitlement and circus atmosphere. The players are constantly subjected to lofty expectations. The owner doesn't miss a chance to express his disappointment to a microphone, he does that shit in the locker room right after games. He looked like a zombie the other day in his post game interview.

I think on some levels the players are confused about who they're playing for. Coach Garrett or Coach/GM/Owner Jones.

RIP, Coach Garrett.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wanted so bad to see Garrett be the guy. I even noticed myself turning back into a homer.

I think Jerry has created something that no coach can overcome. Entitlement and circus atmosphere. The players are constantly subjected to lofty expectations. The owner doesn't miss a chance to express his disappointment to a microphone, he does that shit in the locker room right after games. He looked like a zombie the other day in his post game interview.

I think on some levels the players are confused about who they're playing for. Coach Garrett or Coach/GM/Owner Jones.

RIP, Coach Garrett.
Excellent post Zach...!

JOHN WAYNE

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that it is really hard to call offensive plays when you have a terrible OL.

LT: Doug Free: Have a terrible year...rumors of playing hurt.

LG: Bill Nagy: Terrible. Pushed around by the most average of DL. Might get a little better if Dockery overcomes injury or Holland is in shape. (yeah right)

C: Costa: A little better than Nagy perhaps?

RG: Kosier: Beat up oldster on the line. Always playing hurt these days. Had a great game against Suh, but looks like it took a toll.

RT: Smith: Most talented guy by light years, but still a raw 20 year old rookie. Stud in years to come.

You can call plays and call them well, but if your offense can't execute because your in over his head GM has constructed one of the worst OL's in recent memory, well it really doesn't matter what you call.

Reaction score
If you hire a young inexperienced coach, you are going to experience growing/learning pains. Jerry Jones should have expected this. I have never been a big Garrett fan. I think he is innovative with formations and coming up with some creative mismatches, but i do not like his play selection inside the redzone or in short yardage situations. I think he is overly calculated and i am not sure all players relate or respond to him. I will continue to give him a free pass this season because he deserves a chance to learn although i believe it will cost us a winning season.

btw, loving the pink furry cowboy hat.

Top Bottom