Reaction score
People here in Ohio, namely browns fans, are really worried about him being traded. The cowboys keep comming up as a landing spot.

Anyone else here about this rumored trade?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If they would take Tashard Choice straight up..

If they don't think that's fair, they can throw in Joe Thomas.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I haven't heard about him being traded here but I have heard rumors of him being traded...

Supposedly his agent is telling him to not risk anything because of it being his contract year. He literally didn't play in a game because of it. This new injury may be no different.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We need offensive lineman. Not another RB to try and climb up the backs of our weak run blockers.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
We need offensive lineman. Not another RB to try and climb up the backs of our weak run blockers.

I agree with this... If we're sending anything for anything, then it needs to be for some new linemen.

I've been saying it all offseason, people were too high on Free just because he looked good next to our other shitty OLinemen. He's not a future LT and needs to be moved either to LG or RT. Tryon needs to come over. And the rest of the line needs replaced.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I agree with this... If we're sending anything for anything, then it needs to be for some new linemen.

I've been saying it all offseason, people were too high on Free just because he looked good next to our other shitty OLinemen. He's not a future LT and needs to be moved either to LG or RT. Tryon needs to come over. And the rest of the line needs replaced.

He was elevated to star status because of what you just said. He was the best piece on one of the worst lines in the league.

We're in big trouble with this line. In truth, the only young O-lineman I like besides Tyron, is kowalski. I think he may have some play in him.

LT=Tyron Smith
LG=?
C= Maybe Kowalski
RG=?
RT=Doug Free

That's how I see it going forward. Gotta hope Kowalski can be a find and the rest of the guys we currently have along the line can provide decent depth.

I actually kinda still like Nagy, but he's just too weak as of right now. See what that S&C coach can do with him with a full offseason, then we'll see what he really is.

With all of that said, I don't believe there will be a new player on the line next year unless Kosier retires. Jerry and company don't know how bad the O-line is. If they did, the 5 losers form last year would have been split up 2+ years ago.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He was elevated to star status because of what you just said. He was the best piece on one of the worst lines in the league.

We're in big trouble with this line. In truth, the only young O-lineman I like besides Tyron, is kowalski. I think he may have some play in him.

LT=Tyron Smith
LG=?
C= Maybe Kowalski
RG=?
RT=Doug Free

That's how I see it going forward. Gotta hope Kowalski can be a find and the rest of the guys we currently have along the line can provide decent depth.

I actually kinda still like Nagy, but he's just too weak as of right now. See what that S&C coach can do with him with a full offseason, then we'll see what he really is.

With all of that said, I don't believe there will be a new player on the line next year unless Kosier retires. Jerry and company don't know how bad the O-line is. If they did, the 5 losers form last year would have been split up 2+ years ago.

I am not saying Kowalski sucks but he is currently viewed as the #2 Center by the staff that felt Costa and Nagy were starting material. Just sayin.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I am not saying Kowalski sucks but he is currently viewed as the #2 Center by the staff that felt Costa and Nagy were starting material. Just sayin.

Even more reason to believe Kowalski is a probowler.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hillis is a straight up runner who can barrel ahead, which puts him arms and legs above any back on our current roster. It won't happen, but I could definatly live with it.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Hillis is a straight up runner who can barrel ahead, which puts him arms and legs above any back on our current roster. It won't happen, but I could definatly live with it.

Earl Campbell would have been raped behind our line.

Reaction score
I don't want Hillis.

I'm over the idea of paying big money for runningbacks.

Plus... he's white.

tumblr_lh5wy5mkLl1qbqqbp.gif

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pat Shurmur(browns hc) just announced that they wont be trading Hillis.

Was it a serious "We are not trading Hillis"? Or "I am not a crook, I swear the light was green, I only had the four beers, oh and by the way, we are not trading Hillis"?

Reaction score
Was it a serious "We are not trading Hillis"? Or "I am not a crook, I swear the light was green, I only had the four beers, oh and by the way, we are not trading Hillis"?

Seemed serious but I wouldn't believe it till tomorrow comes and hes on the browns roster still.

Top Bottom