Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think it was Midswat that mentioned these last two wins as "character building".

It's a little weird what two weeks can do for a teams identity when they find a way to not lose.

Romo is now being looked at as the unquestioned leader of the team after years of being looked at as a late game loser by media and a good majority of the Cowboys fanbase. This has to be a confidence builder for this team.

For as far back as I can remember post 90s success, this team has found a way to lose games late. A lot of times it was late defensive collapses, in recent years it's seemed to fall on the offense. Tony's been made out to be a late game choke artist and it's been a hot topic over the last few years.

It's sure nice to see this team find a way to dig deep and pull out these close games late. There's something to be said about the way this team has changed it's identity in a hurry. They're learning how to win these games, and it's not like one side of the ball is leaning on the other and waiting for the other unit to make a play. In years past, we've won games late, but it always seemed like it was one unit or the other doing the work. Now it seems like a team effort. The defense will go out and hold the other team, then the offense will do their part and put points on the board.

Also, how many of these close games can Jerry's heart take?:thumbsup

Reaction score
Its nice to have a defense like this. Counted on them to get the stop and they did.

Reaction score
Defense played very well. I've seen consistent progress since the beginning of the season from them. More prepared, less miscommunications.

Offense needs to be much better prepared or we can't expect to win consistently.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Defense played very well. I've seen consistent progress since the beginning of the season from them. More prepared, less miscommunications.

Offense needs to be much better prepared or we can't expect to win consistently.

I think the offense comes around after the bye week when, hopefully, the offense will be as healthy as it's been all year.

Reaction score
I think the offense comes around after the bye week when, hopefully, the offense will be as healthy as it's been all year.

Far as i can tell we were only missing one starter tonight.. no excuse for the way we played on O.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
9 straight games decided by 3 points or less. I'd like to win a game convincingly at some point. This close game shit is not cool.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Far as i can tell we were only missing one starter tonight.. no excuse for the way we played on O.

Yeah, but we're banged up pretty badly.

Dez is far less than 100%, Austin was out, Romo is out there hurting badly and Witten has a rib injury also. Felix has the slight seperation of the shoulder going on, but he seems able to do all the same things.

The line will never get it this year. They won't suddenly learn to run block at any point. So yeah, that part won't get better any time soon. Just a shitty interior with a middle of the pack LT and a rookie RT who has moments of brilliance, but gets beat from time to time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Costa isnt a rookie, but its his first yr starting as an UDFA. They started two other rookies on the OL. Dez apparently said they were leaning towards holding him out until he talked with Romo in pregame. Laurent Robinson has been here a few days. Ogletree showed he cant be trusted. Witten played hurt. Bennett is less than 100% Jones and Romo were both far less than 100%

You are being overly critical.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The line will never get it this year. They won't suddenly learn to run block at any point. So yeah, that part won't get better any time soon. Just a shitty interior with a middle of the pack LT and a rookie RT who has moments of brilliance, but gets beat from time to time.

They opened some holes last night. Even a couple of plays in the first half could have been pretty big gains.

BookOfRomo

Spectator
Reaction score
I think it was Midswat that mentioned these last two wins as "character building".

It's a little weird what two weeks can do for a teams identity when they find a way to not lose.

Romo is now being looked at as the unquestioned leader of the team after years of being looked at as a late game loser by media and a good majority of the Cowboys fanbase. This has to be a confidence builder for this team.

For as far back as I can remember post 90s success, this team has found a way to lose games late. A lot of times it was late defensive collapses, in recent years it's seemed to fall on the offense. Tony's been made out to be a late game choke artist and it's been a hot topic over the last few years.

It's sure nice to see this team find a way to dig deep and pull out these close games late. There's something to be said about the way this team has changed it's identity in a hurry. They're learning how to win these games, and it's not like one side of the ball is leaning on the other and waiting for the other unit to make a play. In years past, we've won games late, but it always seemed like it was one unit or the other doing the work. Now it seems like a team effort. The defense will go out and hold the other team, then the offense will do their part and put points on the board.

Also, how many of these close games can Jerry's heart take?:thumbsup

Nice post...this game was so unlike other games. It seems we are always relying on talent...when many times it's coaching and the small things that win (if not most of the time). I think Romo, as he gets older, is learning that, and if he can put his talent together with just sacrifice for the team, this team can be a contender, imo, as early as next year (still think we are obv missing some pieces this year).

Reaction score
Costa isnt a rookie, but its his first yr starting as an UDFA. They started two other rookies on the OL. Dez apparently said they were leaning towards holding him out until he talked with Romo in pregame. Laurent Robinson has been here a few days. Ogletree showed he cant be trusted. Witten played hurt. Bennett is less than 100% Jones and Romo were both far less than 100%

You are being overly critical.

Alot of guys play hurt every week.. and honestly, our hurt players were our best ones. There's no excuse for all the sloppiness and mental errors though. We all had blamed that crap on Wade but i keep seeing it come back again under JG. It needs to stop, period. I was embarassed watching our offense play last night.. we're so much better than that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Alot of guys play hurt every week.. and honestly, our hurt players were our best ones. There's no excuse for all the sloppiness and mental errors though. We all had blamed that crap on Wade but i keep seeing it come back again under JG. It needs to stop, period. I was embarassed watching our offense play last night.. we're so much better than that.

Your exaggerating dude, it wasnt that bad. The bad snaps were not a result of bad coaching, they were a result of the refs not doing their job and forcing the Skins to quit with the false snap signals. You had a couple plays where the WR's had trouble getting lined up. It wasnt like it was every play.

The other team gets paid to show up and play too you know.

Reaction score
Your exaggerating dude, it wasnt that bad. The bad snaps were not a result of bad coaching, they were a result of the refs not doing their job and forcing the Skins to quit with the false snap signals. You had a couple plays where the WR's had trouble getting lined up. It wasnt like it was every play.

I'm not exaggerating anything.. i was literally embarassed watching our offense right now. It looked like some sort of half assed JV team with every other play guys going "Where the hell do i go?" and Tony having to show them, and then Tony getting knocked on his ass every play and getting up screaming "What the hell are you guys doing?!" and having to tell them what they should have been doing after they fucked the play up. Then you throw in the snap problem that continued all night long, Choice inexplicably just running his stupid ass out of bounds at the end of the game, etc.. i was literally embarassed, as all Cowboys fans should have been. Zero points, and aside from a few big plays from Felix, not much else on offense.

Reaction score

...and yes, if the snap problem continues through the entire game without an adjustment being made, its a poor reflection on the coaches. You would think after the first couple times they'd ask what the fucking problem was and if told about the Skins calling the cadence and seeing that the refs weren't doing anything, they'd simply change the cadence or simplify the exchange to make it easier on the center and QB. No adjustment at all to that was just ridiculous. Never seen anything like it before.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's lesson two actually.. lesson one?

Score some points.

They did, and in two of three games we've scored more.

Right now with 3 new starters on OL, and a MASH unit of injuries we rank at the top of the league in passing yards and are scoring 23.0 pts a game. Quit whining, the offense is going to be fine. You bitch like a hag on the rag.

Reaction score
They did, and in two of three games we've scored more.

Right now with 3 new starters on OL, and a MASH unit of injuries we rank at the top of the league in passing yards and are scoring 23.0 pts a game. Quit whining, the offense is going to be fine. You bitch like a hag on the rag.

The offense scored zero points.. we didn't get in the end zone all game if you didn't watch the game. Its not bitching.. its discussing some flaws that JG still needs to address about his overall game management. I know you cum everytime you see him on the sidelines, but he's far from perfect as a head coach yet, and as i've said before, i'd just like to see some consistent progress from the offense as the year goes on. Nothing bitchy about that, sir. Now, you and the officiating on the other hand...

Top Bottom