NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
mortreportChris Mortensen

Tony Romo not just ribs. Reporting Punctured lung. Uncertain but hoping to play vs Redskins. talk about it on NFL32 6 et on ESPN2 #nfl32

28 minutes ago
-------------

Ruh roh. I'm hearing them talk about it on NFL radio, too.

Reaction score
Not sure how you treat that...surgery or what? Regardless...the guy has to play or we are in huge trouble.

BookOfRomo

Spectator
Reaction score
As tough as they come. May not like him..but he's known around the league as a guy who takes hit an bounces up..what a player.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
I heard from a friend of a Candlestick park security guards uncle that he died at halftime and had to be defibrillated.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Not sure how you treat that...surgery or what? Regardless...the guy has to play or we are in huge trouble.

It depends. If it is just a small puncture, it can heal by itself with treatment. I'd assume it's pretty small. If it is a large puncture, or tear, it could lead to a collapsed lung. That would be a huge problem.

I don't know. If there is any danger of him hurting it worse, I might just sit him next monday. The last thing the Cowboys or the league needs is to see him coughing up foamy blood on Monday Night Football from a collapsed lung.

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards him having to play. If we get to 1-2 with the Lions and Pats on the schedule we are dead.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
If true I don't know what's more amazing...........

That he was actually able to play with that type of pain and most likely laboring for air or

Carlos Rogers was actually able to hit someone hard enough to cause such an injury.

Reaction score
If this is true he is a stud. I dont know how you can play with broken ribs and punctured lung-pretty badass!

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
How do you secure movie rights to something like this?

Also, I heard that a punctured lung will heal on it's own.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If this is true he is a stud. I dont know how you can play with broken ribs and punctured lung-pretty badass!

It's nothing. Hostile once had 6 sacks in a game with 3 punctured lungs and a giant ego he had to carry around.

Last edited:

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's nothing. Hostile once had 6 sacks in a game with 3 punctured lungs and a a giant ego he had to carry around.

lol

The next week he had 4 torn ACLS and two concussions and still changed an old man's tire on the way home.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If he can't go for an extended period of time, we're screwed.

if he can't go, he can't go. It's not like we (Cowboy fans) don't know how tough he is.

Kitna can beat the Redskins. Hell, McGee could beat the Redskins.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
A quick search tells me a small tear or puncture can heal on it's own. Speeding up the process requires some kind of chest tube that allows the air to escape. It generally takes a few days to heal when you go the chest tube route.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A quick search tells me a small tear or puncture can heal on it's own. Speeding up the process requires some kind of chest tube that allows the air to escape. It generally takes a few days to heal when you go the chest tube route.

I PMed Hostile. He said when he gets through bench pressing 750 lbs then he'll give me an answer.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Latest medical breakthrough for punctured lung.
image.php

Not pictured:An air compressor.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like they expect him to be fine for Monday night.

Amazing day though. Major show of guts.

Top Bottom