C

Cr122

MacMahon: S Roy Williams plans to retire as Cowboy

S Roy Williams plans to retire as Cowboy
August, 7, 2010

By Tim MacMahon

CANTON, Ohio – Safety Roy Williams has been a Cincinnati Bengal for a little more than a year. But he’ll consider himself a Dallas Cowboy for the rest of his life.

The Cowboys released Williams last offseason. When Jerry Jones informed the five-time Pro Bowler of the decision, the Cowboys’ owner asked if there was anything he could do for Williams.

“I want to retire as a Cowboy,” said Williams, who recalled the moment as he toured the Pro Football Hall of Fame a day before meeting his former team in the preseason opener.

Jones told Williams to consider it done. They agreed that Williams would sign a one-day contract with the Cowboys when he decided to retire, a ceremonious gesture Jones has given such players as Emmitt Smith and Larry Allen over the years.

Williams, who is entering his ninth NFL season, doesn’t know exactly when that day will come but acknowledged that the end of his career could be near.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I thought this was only reserved for great players that had a shot at entering the HOF and wanted to retire with the team that they identified with the most. Weird. There was a time in Roy's career when I thought he had a strong chance to be a HOF'er, but that fizzled out early in his career.

C

Cr122

I thought this was only reserved for great players that had a shot at entering the HOF and wanted to retire with the team that they identified with the most. Weird. There was a time in Roy's career when I thought he had a strong chance to be a HOF'er, but that fizzled out early in his career.

Yes, please Roy retire in Cincinnati we don't care, really.

Why would he want to come back, he was driven out of town by us fans.

Remember Roy you were a disease in our secondary. He could hit, I'll give him that.

C

Cr122

As Parcells always said he's a biscuit away from being a linebacker.

Top Bottom