Reaction score
Romo had a sitdown with Bennett regarding Kitna comments
Posted on 08/31/2011 by torsborn

MIAMI – Tony Romo didn’t think comments Martellus Bennett made in the offseason regarding the quarterback position were “in the best interest of the Dallas Cowboys,” according to a profile about Romo in Wednesday’s USA Today.

The story detailed how some of Romo’s teammates consider him to be “aloof.” Romo admitted that he doesn’t “play dominoes” in the locker room at lunchtime because of his “responsibilities.” The story went on to say how players raved about the leadership qualities of Jon Kitna when he replaced Romo after Romo broke his collarbone in an Oct. 25 game against the Giants.

In April, Bennett suggested in a radio interview that Kitna had earned the right to challenge Romo for the job.

“Things of that nature are not in the best interests of the Dallas Cowboys,” Romo told USA Today. “So I talked to (Bennett) and told him so.”

The sitdown apparently didn’t bother the Texas A&M alum. During training camp at the Alamodome, Bennett talked about how he and Romo have become friends after Romo made an effort to get to know him during the offseason.

Reaction score
It's embarrassing that Bennett had to be told that in the first place.

Props to Romo for addressing the issue.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bennet and choice are the two remaining guys who constantly give the media crap to bring up about romo, by next year at this time both will be somewhere else.

Hopefully we get a little more talented version of john phillips in the draft next year....

Honestly I look forward to both being gone, especially choice...and I think choice is a good player.

Reaction score
I forgot about those comments. I earlier proclaimed Martelleus to be much quiter recently and not in the same boat as Shard.

Yep, those are 2 of the last 3 crusty vaginas left on the team.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's about time Romo. He already dealt with that shit with T.O., and he deferred to T.O. because of what he had accomplished. Bennett doesn't have any skins on his wall, and he's talking shit. Now this is something I can see why people, myslef included, would be pissed about Bennett.

This is your team Romo. You have Garrett's and Jones' backing. It would be something if Romo adopted Garrett's demeanor and mentality.

Top Bottom