cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Big 12 needs to scramble and add SMU and Houston (too late on TCU) or thye won't exist much longer.

Hello Pac-16.

Reaction score
The Big 12 needs to scramble and add SMU and Houston (too late on TCU) or thye won't exist much longer.

Hello Pac-16.

some outlets are reporting that Big 12 is talking to BYU to replace Texas A&M next year and at least get them back to ten teams. SMU has been brought up as well, haven't heard anything on Houston.

Reaction score
I honestly think the Big 12 will just die out. I think Texas wants to be independent, OU could go anywhere they want, and the rest would have to just fend for themselves. Texas Tech in the WAC or Mountain West? Baylor to the Sunbelt?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
some outlets are reporting that Big 12 is talking to BYU to replace Texas A&M next year and at least get them back to ten teams. SMU has been brought up as well, haven't heard anything on Houston.

I'd be glad if they took BYU because they just joined my daughter's conference (in all sports except football) and completely ruined their schedule.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I honestly think the Big 12 will just die out. I think Texas wants to be independent, OU could go anywhere they want, and the rest would have to just fend for themselves. Texas Tech in the WAC or Mountain West? Baylor to the Sunbelt?

Texas might as well. They always play creampuffs.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The Pac-12 wants Oklahoma and OK State bad. They want Texas too but the Pac-12 splits their money evenly and Texas wants a bigger share.

So I could see them pushing hard for the Sooners, the Cowboys, Texas Tech, and a 4th school. The Pac-12 wants no part of the religious schools otherwise I would have loved to see them add TCU or SMU to get into the Dallas/Ft. Worth market.

Missouri and the Kansas schools would try for the Big 10 but may have to settle for Conference USA. Baylor would most likley go Conference USA, WAC, or Mountain West. Iowa State would go to whoever would have them. A&M to the SEC and Texas would go independent.

Reaction score
The Pac-12 wants Oklahoma and OK State bad. They want Texas too but the Pac-12 splits their money evenly and Texas wants a bigger share.

So I could see them pushing hard for the Sooners, the Cowboys, Texas Tech, and a 4th school. The Pac-12 wants no part of the religious schools otherwise I would have loved to see them add TCU or SMU to get into the Dallas/Ft. Worth market.

Missouri and the Kansas schools would try for the Big 10 but may have to settle for Conference USA. Baylor would most likley go Conference USA, WAC, or Mountain West. Iowa State would go to whoever would have them. A&M to the SEC and Texas would go independent.

I thought USC was a Methodist school... or did they officially renounce that?

Reaction score
Two things: A&M expected to apply to SEC sometime this week. Also hearing a lot that the two teams the Big 12 have really targeted are BYU and Pitt. Seems that Texas especially would prefer a team outside of the state, they don't want to add a Houston or SMU that could potentially steal recruits.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Oklahoma is supposed to make a decision on whether they will be staying or not soon. If I had to bet the Big 12 is dead (Thanks Texas).

Oklahoma State will go wherever Oklahoma goes.

If bychance they do stay I think they have already said they arent going with in state schools. They want to expand and thats why you are getting BYU, Louisville, and Pittsburgh rumors.

Reaction score
Oklahoma is supposed to make a decision on whether they will be staying or not soon. If I had to bet the Big 12 is dead (Thanks Texas).

Oklahoma State will go wherever Oklahoma goes.

If bychance they do stay I think they have already said they arent going with in state schools. They want to expand and thats why you are getting BYU, Louisville, and Pittsburgh rumors.

Yeah, seems OU has three weeks I think to make a decision. Maybe another shot at the Pac super conference. Big 10 could be a possibility as well, and even an outside chance they join A&M in the SEC.

Cythim

Reaction score
The Big 12 was dead the moment Nebraska and Colorado officially left. The bonds have proven to be weak and the other conferences will pick it apart to create the Super Conferences. Why would Big East schools jump ship to join a conference that is falling apart? They can pick up some of the pieces and create a 12 team conference. They already have TCU and can add Kansas, K-State, Missouri and Iowa St. Put them with Cincinnati and Louisville and you have a West division. Add Baylor and Houston and you have an 8-team division. Put Army and Navy in the East and you have a decent conference.

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Now ESPN is saying a PAC 16 with OU, Oklahoma State, UT, and Texas Tech is being discussed.

Cythim

Reaction score
Pure Greed never makes a mistake

They are showing their first game right now and a grand total of 6 million subscribers have access to the game. In the same week OU is on FX with 99 million subscribers and TAMU is on FSN tomorrow with ... can't find a number but it is a hell of a lot bigger than 6 million.

Cythim

Reaction score
And each time ESPN flashes the UT vs Rice score they follow it with "please call your cable operator so you can watch!"

Top Bottom