Reaction score
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
The Cowboys will save $5.5 million by releasing C Andre Gurode. They were $6.6 million under before doing O. Scandrick contract.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
With the releases of Gurode, Columbo and Leonard Davis, the Cowboys now have two OL older than 27

C

Cr122

Did anyone believe we would of gotten anything via trade? Probably not.

I expected this.

theogt

Reaction score
theogt.... what is the "Hamlin redux" comment?

I don't follow.
Cutting a solid veteran just because he's a little more expensive than you'd like. It bit us in the ass with Hamlin. Hopefully not here.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's nerve-wracking because it's change and there is so much unknown on the OL now. Last year it was clear that 3 out of 5 starters on our line were not pulling their own weight, and it was clear this was a huge weakness for our team, and it was clear they needed replaced.

What isn't clear is whether their replacements will be any better.

C

Cr122

It's nerve-wracking because it's change and there is so much unknown on the OL now. Last year it was clear that 3 out of 5 starters on our line were not pulling their own weight, and it was clear this was a huge weakness for our team, and it was clear they needed replaced.

From what we've seen in preseason so far they have. The real test will be in the opener where they play the entire game.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think what set Garrett off is perhaps that Gurode waited later to have knee surgery, to maybe coincide with missing training camp. I expect Holland to be released soon.

There are no sacred cows on this team. Does anyone believe that if Garrett was not the HC, that this would be happening? If Garrett was the HC in 2007, that Adams would have been cut much sooner?

People have compared Garrett to Parcells with his discipinarian approach, but I think he's more akin to Belicek.

We won't make or win the Super Bowl this year, and that's fine. But under Garrett, I believe we will get there.

Reaction score
Cutting a solid veteran just because he's a little more expensive than you'd like. It bit us in the ass with Hamlin. Hopefully not here.

10-4.

I think Gurode was cut for other reasons though. Not just salary.

Maybe you missed cowboyjoes recap of some Chargers players (or coaches, [?]) where they suggested that Gurode was done and couldn't get to the 2nd level.

If they said it and joe recapped it, then I believe it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

It may very well bite us in the ass. But all you can do is bite the bullet. Sorry, couldn't resist with the biting remarks. No matter how you may feel about this move, you have to like as to how Garrett is so anti-Jones. Jerry would have never done this and THAT is whatg would have eventually bit us in the ass. Just like with Adams. We cut him at least a year too late.

If this doesn't grab the players attention, then nothing will...until it's them.

C

Cr122

I hope Brookings, Holland, and Oshlansky follow suit in short order.

Brooking is probably done after this year, and Olshansky too. Olshansky might even get the boot this year.

Holland has the Jerruh stamp of approval so I'm not so sure he gets the ax yet.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

People cannot sit up and complain about Jones being too involved in coaching and personnel decisions and then complain when Garrett makes moves like this. It may be unpopular, but this is all Garrett.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Brooking is probably done after this year, and Olshansky too. Olshansky might even get the boot this year.

Holland has the Jerruh stamp of approval so I'm not so sure he gets the ax yet.

Brookings is a free agent along with James, so of course he's done after this year. You don't think Gurode had Jones' stamp of approval? If Garrett wants Holland gone, he will be gone. I think he's going to see how Holland does in preseason.

Top Bottom