C

Cr122

Gurode situation more likely resolved with release rather than trade

The Cowboys want to work out a trade with center Andre Gurode. They owe to themselves to try to get some compensation for the five-time Pro Bowler.

The problem is its unlikely some one wants take on Gurode's $5.5 million salary for this season, especially when they know the Cowboys have forced themselves into making a move.

There has been talk of a salary cut but there is no reason to do that. The Cowboys need to simply move on after embarrassing Gurode by taking him to the game against the Vikings Saturday and them making him sit out and watch his teammates play.

A release is more likely and teams who interested in Gurode can then get him for free.

Clarence Hill

theogt

Reaction score
I don't see how they've forced themselves into making a move. They could easily just say screw it and start the guy for 16 games.

C

Cr122

I've said this in another thread and got slammed for it, but I really think JG is churning this roster.

Having said that I don't think we will win or appear in a Super Bowl in two or three years. I'd want to win it this year just like any other Cowboys fan, but I don't see it happening.

The defense is still not playing well, and we have some holes left to fill on this roster. We have a lot of good players, but we're not there yet to win a Super Bowl.

C

Cr122

Another thing, why is Holland still here?

Oh wait.....Jerruh said we could depend on him. That's right.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Cutting Gurode to save 5 mill this year and put even more dead money on next years cap number doesn't sound to smart to me. Were we looking at trying to sign someone to a contract that isn't on this team right now this year or something? 2 new guys on the line is pushing it, 3? Ugg

Reaction score
Well, lons, to play devils advocate, if we save 5 mil on this years cap, could we re-structure someone elses contract to give them more money this year and in turn save money on next years cap?

I don't know... just trying to pull a dbair and find the homeristic angle to this.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cutting Gurode to save 5 mill this year and put even more dead money on next years cap number doesn't sound to smart to me. Were we looking at trying to sign someone to a contract that isn't on this team right now this year or something? 2 new guys on the line is pushing it, 3? Ugg

The dead money was reported to be $1.6 million if we were to cut Gurode.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another thing, why is Holland still here?

Oh wait.....Jerruh said we could depend on him. That's right.

He's injured, they cant cut him until he's healthy unless he agrees to an injury settlement, which obviously he wouldnt do right now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Its frees up alot of money next yr too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cutting Gurode would be a bonehead move.

Eh. Not really. If they believe Costa is better than he is, it isnt a bonehead move. The bonehead move would be to play the lesser player because of his salary.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kowalski now? Jesus man is there no JAG you won't cheerlead for?

Reaction score
calvinwatkins Calvin Watkins
Cowboys have plans to speak with Andre Gurode and his agent this morning regarding his status.

Top Bottom