C

Cr122

A.J. Feeley remains ahead of Sam Bradford on Rams' depth chart

A.J. Feeley remains ahead of Sam Bradford on Rams' depth chart
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 6, 2010 7:40 AM ET
When the Rams take the field against the Cardinals for the September 12 opener, the fans in St. Louis are going to be awfully disappointed if Sam Bradford isn't under center.

But as of right now, A.J. Feeley is the Rams' starting quarterback.

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo has repeated the same mantra every time he's been asked: "Just like I stated all spring, if we played today -- I'm sticking with it -- if we played today, A.J. would be the guy. Maybe I should put that on tape."

Obviously, the Rams didn't guarantee Bradford $50 million so he could stand on the sidelines holding a clipboard. And Bradford would have to have a lousy training camp and preseason not to move past Feeley on the depth chart at some point in the next six weeks.

But Feeley told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he's in camp because he wants to win the starting job, not because he wants to be Bradford's backup.

"I want to help him out as much as he wants to be helped out," Feeley said. "But everybody wants to play. If you don't want to play, you shouldn't be in this position. It's what you do."

Top Bottom