dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Both are absolutely deserving:

2011 Ring of Honor: Larry Allen and Drew Pearson or Larry Allen or Drew Pearson, one or both are going in

Larry Allen to the Ring of Honor?

According to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, the 11- time Pro Bowler and future Hall of Famer is as good a candidate as anyone.

A source has already told the Star-Telegram that former receiver Drew Pearson would finally be inducted in the team's hallowed Ring of Honor.

So might there be two inductees in 2011?

Jones would only confirm that there will be a Ring of Honor press conference in the next 10 days to two weeks.

“I’m not going to get into that," Jones said Cowboys practice on Saturday. "I really don’t want to because we’re going to have a press conference on this. Certainly we had a guy around here this weekend that is somebody that is probably a first-rounder in the Hall of Fame. We’ll give you an update a little later.”

Allen was in the stands Thursday's preseason opener against the Broncos. He played 12 years with the Cowboys before spending his last two with San Francisco 49ers. He signed one-day contract with the Cowboys and retired before the 2008 season.

There is no denying Allen's candidacy, who may been more dominant at his position than any other player in Cowboys history. He was named first-time all-pro six times and made more Pro Bowls than any offensive player in team history.

Allen is a shoo-in be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2013, the first year he is eligible.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...rson-one-or-both-are-going.html#ixzz1UwUfDS9C

Reaction score
I would love for both to get in...I'd just do it during different games. Give them both their own night to shine.

Top Bottom