Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
By Tim MacMahon
SAN ANTONIO – The Cowboys might not be done in free agency, but Jerry Jones guaranteed that they will not sign an offensive guard.

In fact, Jones went so far to say, “Not in the offensive line.” And he repeated it a couple of times for emphasis.

Jones said he sees no need to sign a veteran such as Leonard Davis, Brian Waters or Rich Seubert to compete with Montrae Holland for the starting job at right guard despite perception that the 6-2, 340-pounder is the weak link on the offensive line. The decision to cut Davis, who was scheduled to make $6 million this season, resulted in the Holland moving up the depth chart.

Jones did say fourth-round rookie David Arkin is in a “legitimate competition” with Holland, who is considered day-to-day after missing Friday’s practice due to a sore back. However, offensive line coach Hudson Houck believes it’s important to have an experienced guard next to rookie right tackle Tyron Smith to help the No. 9 overall pick with the mental aspect of executing assignments.

Jones acknowledged that he expects Holland to start at right guard. Jones insisted he trusts Holland, who has started two games for the Cowboys and 50 games in his nine-year NFL career.

“Holland has never let us down,” Jones said. “When it comes time to get in ballgames, he plays well in ballgames. He’ll continue to get these reps and he’ll play well. I’ve never doubted him.”

C

Cr122

“Holland has never let us down,” Jones said.

What? He just did because he's hurt now with a sore back.

For crying out loud, Jerry sign Waters or Seubert and stop pretending like you know what your doing.

God I can't stand this doofus of a GM.

C

Cr122

Oh and one other thing, if Jason has full control of the roster why don't we hear we don't need to sign a RG from Jason, huh?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What? He just did because he's hurt now with a sore back.

For crying out loud, Jerry sign Waters or Seubert and stop pretending like you know what your doing.

God I can't stand this doofus of a GM.

He loves to hear himself talk more than anyone else I've ever seen.

C

Cr122

Jerry knows what's best for his team.

Laughter.jpg

C

Cr122

I really don't get why he won't sign a RG.

Even a corner for that matter. No instead pretend to believe the answer is on the team right now.

They may be, but they are not ready by all means.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
personally I dont believe anything he says on almost every instance.

Especially at a time when personell moves are going to be in abundance. There will be a ton of cuts and there are still guys like brian waters floating around if we are 2 preseason games in and holland has been awful.

theogt

Reaction score

Especially at a time when personell moves are going to be in abundance. There will be a ton of cuts and there are still guys like brian waters floating around if we are 2 preseason games in and holland has been awful.
Fair point.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That means he'll have to back track if we do and his ego is too big for that.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
1st off, Jerry kind of did the same thing with Miles Austin. Kept tooting his horn after TO left and everyone went off the deep end because we didn't have his replacement. So on that light, when he says that Arkin is in serious competition for the starting RG job, I believe like with Austin, he's getting rave reviews from the coaches and scouts.

BTW fuck what Hudson Houck wants.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Another Jerry myth, such as the likes that he can sign anyone he wants when he sets his mind to it.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Jerry says something that's contrary to what the fans are expecting, he's only "blowing smoke". It's a myth, bro.

People assume that since he is a lying salesman, that he is crafty when talking about personnel.

If there is one thing he does not lie about, it is finances and this relates directly to finances.

Why a large portion of our fanbase is this clueless about a very predictable fellow, I will never know.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
He also said we were gonna pull the triger on Roy Willie, TO's job was safe, etc etc etc...

Top Bottom