X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
POOL'S RETURN: Ryan said he was "stunned" that S Brodney Pool came back to the Jets on a one-year contract. Ryan said Pool, a free agent, had "a substantial offer" from another team (believed to be the Cowboys), but took less to play for the Jets.

The Jets went into free agency, thinking they'd lose Pool or S Eric Smith. Turns out they retained both, although Smith is slated to be the starter.
Rich Cimini

lollollol role playas haten on us now - unreal...

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Rich Cimini

lollollol role playas haten on us now - unreal...

maybe Pool likes living in NY Jets and likes his teammates. Far be it from me to defend the team's inactivity, but Pool not wanting to sign with us is hardly an insult.

C

Cr122

They're hating on Jerry Jones. They want to play for a Super Bowl contender, not someone who's taking decades to build a team to get there.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know, the truth hurts. I'd love to win a Super Bowl this year too, but it won't happen.

We're a few years away from that.

A few years? 3, 4 ,5 ? How do you exactly know? That's a pretty ignorant comment considering we are one year removed from winning the division. Wade's no longer the coach.

Last edited:

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I think this goes a lot deeper than wanting to play for a super bowl team. I think a lot of them hold Jerry responsible for the lock out / cba back out.

C

Cr122

All I'm saying is we are behind teams like Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, talent wise. Not by much, but we are.

I'd even add in Philly but, do I think we can beat those teams, yes, but, we still have our work cut out for us.

We have to get out of this salary cap pinch that we're in. If you heard Jerry today he said they may approach free agency the same way next year. We'll be in better shape for the start of 2013.

We will still be able to compete, but I don't think we see a Super Bowl for at least 3 years from now. I may be way off on this and if I am I'll take shit for it.

Think about this, we have a head coach that is in his first full year. We have DC that is in his first year. We're going to have growing pains in the defense. It won't be an elite defense in its first year. This team was 6-10 last year.

With our schedule we can win about 9 or 10 games. That's competing, but it's not being at the level of a team like Green Bay or New Orleans will be at.

I know there's parity in the NFL now but we aren't quite there yet.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Injuries and weather are the great equalizer. Last year before TC we expected another playoff run. Then every damn one of our O Line went down 4-6 weeks about a week before pre season was over. We didn't recover until 2 weeks after Romo went down. Eagles are already losing folks for the entire season after a week.

Top Bottom