Reaction score
Stephen Jones, the Cowboys' executive vice president and director of player personnel, joined KRLD-FM 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. Here are some highlights:

Quick thoughts on some players ... Phillip Tanner:

Stephen Jones: Very impressive, quick to the hole. The other thing, which is key when you're trying to make a team, is Joe DeCamillis really likes him.

Lonyae Miller:

Stephen Jones: Same thing. He seems more in tune with what we're doing offensively. I think it was big for him in his first year, in terms of taking in the offense, he seems to have his hands around it. Of course, 230 pounds. He's a 4.4 guy. That's going to be a good battle there. Tashard better get back out on that field.

Josh Brent:

Stephen Jones: Very physical guy. Naturally strong. A great complement to Ratliff.

Finally, Dez Bryant:

Stephen Jones: You talk about weapons, both Miles and him. I'd like to see two better. Eighty-eight, as you said, the sky is the limit. He does something out here three or four times everyday that no one else the field can do. As he matures more, there's obviously a lot of reasons to get excited about him.

Reaction score
Miller or Tanner.

I'd love for either of these guys to unseat Choice.

Maybe we can trade Choice for a corner.

Reaction score
Not a big fan of two rookies behind Jones, not sure what is wrong with Choice anyways, he's a solid RB.

Cythim

Reaction score
Not a big fan of two rookies behind Jones, not sure what is wrong with Choice anyways, he's a solid RB.

He fumbled against Washington on a play that never should have been called. We will hate him for that one forever.

Reaction score
Murray has more job security, seeing how he's a rookie (relatively) high draft pick.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jason Garrett just pointed out L.Miller as a guy he is happy with at camp and is a positive....he was the first guy he mentioned.

Brad sham, todd archer and babe laufenberg talked alot about how much the organization liked miller last year in december. He could really make things interesting here over the next month.

63echo

Reaction score
I'd love to get the whole scoop on Choice. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason the organization does what they do in regards to him (Skins fumble aside, but I don't think that's it).

Also, it's weird hearing Stephen Jones give scouting reports.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd love to get the whole scoop on Choice. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason the organization does what they do in regards to him (Skins fumble aside, but I don't think that's it).

Also, it's weird hearing Stephen Jones give scouting reports.

inb4mindyourbusinessStephenJones

C

Cr122

Miller or Tanner.

I agree. I would be comfortable with Felix Jones, DeMarco Murray, Lonyae Miller and Phillip Tanner.

Where could we trade Choice for a corner though?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you're on or near the cutline it only makes sense that the one guy you should really be trying to impress is the ST coach.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Miller or Tanner.

Buffalo Head Coach Chan Gailey (Choice's HC at Georgia Tech) is supposedly in love with Choice. I didn't really see a CB Buffalo might be willing to move for him but maybe they would swap Roscoe Parrish for Choice. Parrish solves the 3rd WR issue and is a free agent next year, so no big deal if he doesn't work out.

Another thing about Choice is he hits free agency next year and I don't think there's any way he re-signs with us.

C

Cr122

Buffalo Head Coach Chan Gailey (Choice's HC at Georgia Tech) is supposedly in love with Choice. I didn't really see a CB Buffalo might be willing to move for him but maybe they would swap Roscoe Parrish for Choice. Parrish solves the 3rd WR issue and is a free agent next year, so no big deal if he doesn't work out.

Another thing about Choice is he hits free agency next year and I don't think there's any way he re-signs with us.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

If you can scheme a successful running game, it doesn't matter who the RB is. However, after saying that, I don't have a lot of faith in either the RB coach (Skippy Peete) or the running game coordinator (Hudson Houck).

Top Bottom