Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Norm Hitzges..."this team is not a competitor and not in the top half of the nfc"

So you guys that agree should tune in.

and the prevailing reason is that Jerry Jones is out of cash and didnt sign a bunch of free agents.

He said this free agent period was an all time chance to get players and we did nothing.

So mark it down, norm says we are not in the top half of the nfc teams and Jerry is broke...

JPM

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Great insight Norman Einstein.
Was it the fake Norm ? I enjoy listening to the fake one more than the real guy.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score

and the prevailing reason is that Jerry Jones is out of cash and didnt sign a bunch of free agents.

He said this free agent period was an all time chance to get players and we did nothing.

So mark it down, norm says we are not in the top half of the nfc teams and Jerry is broke...
LINK...??

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
he's not wrong .... everyone has CAP issues and are still signing people...why aren't we?

what does he mean he has money issues ? off the field? I've been wondering that too....

Plymkr

Reaction score
Oh hell yeah, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me Jerry is broke and has to sell !!!!

C

Cr122

Look at the size of our new stadium, and that eye sore of a TV screen. He went over board with it.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Are people really buying the Jerry is cash-strapped angle? Like for realsies?

Bob sturm and norm hitzges are obsessed with it. Bad radio just did two segments on jerry not releasing players last year when they are losing and signing the same players back because he has no money, cash specifically.

btw, I have litstened to bits and pieces of basically every sports show on all 3 local sports stations.....and everyone has said this team isnt any good and is not a competitor for anything. Every show. In the past they have all had reasons to hate jerry or bill or wade or romo....they have all had opinions on owens and roy williams 1 and 2......but I have never heard all of them in unison say this team isnt any good from what they are seeing.

and what I cant understand is how little evidence, research or intelligence they use to come to these conclusions......Rj choppy saying are defense is no good because we have half the browns defense from last year...UH WHAT.......Bad radio saying jerry is broke and cant afford could players, norm saying they could have signed all these amazing players in free agency but didnt get any.......etc etc etc...

I think it is time for me to just turn them all off for a few days. I keep hearing more foolish things by the hour. The moron redskins fan from virginina that works with rj choppy on the fan in the morning said free is terrible and isnt even a starter....marc elfenbein said this is the last year for romo because he has never done anything in the league and jerry will cut him if doesnt win the superbowl.....

its amazing. The sports radio here used to be fantastic. Now its all the same. thank god we still have the hardline.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Bob sturm and norm hitzges are obsessed with it. Bad radio just did two segments on jerry not releasing players last year when they are losing and signing the same players back because he has no money, cash specifically.

btw, I have litstened to bits and pieces of basically every sports show on all 3 local sports stations.....and everyone has said this team isnt any good and is not a competitor for anything. Every show. In the past they have all had reasons to hate jerry or bill or wade or romo....they have all had opinions on owens and roy williams 1 and 2......but I have never heard all of them in unison say this team isnt any good from what they are seeing.

and what I cant understand is how little evidence, research or intelligence they use to come to these conclusions......Rj choppy saying are defense is no good because we have half the browns defense from last year...UH WHAT.......Bad radio saying jerry is broke and cant afford could players, norm saying they could have signed all these amazing players in free agency but didnt get any.......etc etc etc...

I think it is time for me to just turn them all off for a few days. I keep hearing more foolish things by the hour. The moron redskins fan from virginina that works with rj choppy on the fan in the morning said free is terrible and isnt even a starter....marc elfenbein said this is the last year for romo because he has never done anything in the league and jerry will cut him if doesnt win the superbowl.....

its amazing. The sports radio here used to be fantastic. Now its all the same. thank god we still have the hardline.

it's not that - you're scared of truth ...

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Pandering to the masses.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
it's not that - you're scared of truth ...

I am not scared of the truth at all. If they are a poor team lacking quality players I would say so.

what I am annoyed with is that all these media outlets cater to johnny come lately fans who do not follow the team all the time, they obsess over the big names and the dramatic stories, do not attend games and then in the end they bag on the fans.

and the most important thing to me is how anyone could judge this team either way good or bad when we havent had a real full practice yet. we have half of the starters watching on the sideline. If at the end of the preseason this team looks terrible, old, lazy, poorly coached, out of shape then all this talk would make sense. Right now it just doesnt make sense.

unless of course they are catering to the type of fan I described earlier...

Reaction score
Whos the one who said we are about 2 years from making a real push? That is something I agree with.

I mean, they could conceivably win it all this year, so can about 12-15 other teams. But they arent favorites because too much of the OL is either too old, a rookie, or Montrae Holland. And the secondary and D are in a transition year and it will take some time.

Hopefully in a year or two they have 2-3 new starters on the line, a stud rookie safety, and Sean Lee is running things on D.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Whos the one who said we are about 2 years from making a real push? That is something I agree with.

I mean, they could conceivably win it all this year, so can about 12-15 other teams. But they arent favorites because too much of the OL is either too old, a rookie, or Montrae Holland. And the secondary and D are in a transition year and it will take some time.

Hopefully in a year or two they have 2-3 new starters on the line, a stud rookie safety, and Sean Lee is running things on D.

One of my concerns is since we aren't really (as of yet) addressing the holes we have now, we will have those same holes to fill next year along with new ones. Terrence Newman could be a cap casualty and Scandrick is a free agent. We look like we will still need two safeties. Brooking and James are free agents. Sean Lee and hopefully Bruce Carter will be able to step in but depth will be an issue. Spencer will be a free agent but I am hopeful Victor Butler and/or Brandon Williams will step up. Montrae Holland, who concerns me greatly right now, will be a free agent so RG will need to be filled. I am in this for the long run so I always look at the long-term effect of our off-season activity, not just the immediate season.

Then again, all I know about football is Tyron Smith so who knows.

Reaction score
One of my concerns is since we aren't really (as of yet) addressing the holes we have now, we will have those same holes to fill next year along with new ones. Terrence Newman could be a cap casualty and Scandrick is a free agent. We look like we will still need two safeties. Brooking and James are free agents. Sean Lee and hopefully Bruce Carter will be able to step in but depth will be an issue. Spencer will be a free agent but I am hopeful Victor Butler and/or Brandon Williams will step up. Montrae Holland, who concerns me greatly right now, will be a free agent so RG will need to be filled. I am in this for the long run so I always look at the long-term effect of our off-season activity, not just the immediate season.

Then again, all I know about football is Tyron Smith so who knows.

Some of those are issues every team deals with and not that big of a deal. IMO the Sean Lee/Bruce Carter thing is actually playing out perfectly. They slide right into the starting line up and older, pricier vets move on. No dead money, no hired guns, no rookie to rely on. A perfect smooth transition and you get 2 starters on cheap, rookie contracts. Leaving you room to make an impact signing or two to plug an immediate hole. You can probably make a nice investment in a guard next year, maybe even Logan Mankins. Possibly Ben Grubbs if the Ravens have too many mouths to feed and he shakes lose.

A ton of things will change but as of now I think they could(and should?) sign a legit guard, a solid safety. And then draft a stud coverage FS. And then a starting guard/center in round 2. Thats where I think they need to focus their best resources on.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Norm stopped being relavent 15 yrs ago...other than some decent draft coverage, he's useless

Top Bottom