dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm hoping one of them isnt Sensabaugh.

August 01, 2011

Stephen Jones reiterates the Cowboys are looking to sign two safeties at a reasonable price
Now that the Cowboys have closed up shop on the defensive end market, they can turn their attention to the biggest hole left on the team: the safety position.

The Cowboys have no intention of going into the season with Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Barry Church manning the deep middle of the defense as they are doing in practice right now.

Vice-president Stephen Jones said they planning on signing two free agent safeties to play strong and free safety. That could mean a return for Gerald Sensabaugh who played strong safety for the Cowboys the past two years and the addition of Abe Elam among others. Elam played for new coordinator Rob Ryan the past two years in Cleveland and has long been a target of the Cowboys.

The two sides have yet to come to terms on a contract as the Cowboys, still smarting from bad deals with safeties Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin in the past, have no intention on pay big money to a safety.

The Cowboys plan to be patient and wait the market the asking prices of Elam and others to come down.

Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ties-at-a-reasonable-price.html#ixzz1TpYSWuS2

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's OK to spend big money on a safety. You just have to evaluate them correctly. No easy thing as we have seen. Might be time to fire the person who's been scouting the safeties lately.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Have to think that with the off day tomorrow the front office will be very active. Couple that with the thought that the union will recertify and everyone might be able to practice wednesday meaning deals can be restructured and I bet we see some activity late tomorrow afternoon or night.

I am anxious to see who that second safety is.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's OK to spend big money on a safety. You just have to evaluate them correctly. No easy thing as we have seen. Might be time to fire the person who's been scouting the safeties lately.

The guy theoretically running the pro player scouting and having a heavy hand in decision making is Judd Garrett. If that matters.

C

Cr122

I bet one of the safeties is Sensabum, that's how Jerry rolls.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
BTW Golshon is considered SLOW runs like a 4.7 and is upright ...

Not a fan of Sensabaugh either

Get me Elam and ____.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Have to think that with the off day tomorrow the front office will be very active. Couple that with the thought that the union will recertify and everyone might be able to practice wednesday meaning deals can be restructured and I bet we see some activity late tomorrow afternoon or night.

I am anxious to see who that second safety is.

Thats what I am thinking too, that they've been waiting around a little because they didnt have to sit anyone out of practice due to restructuring

I bet we see both safeties added tomorrow or tomorrow night

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thats what I am thinking too, that they've been waiting around a little because they didnt have to sit anyone out of practice due to restructuring

I bet we see both safeties added tomorrow or tomorrow night

i just sent a question via twitter to bill jones and he responed on air...asked him this exact thing about signing guys tomorrow....He was vague but did say they are waiting for elam to go down on price and that he still thought brodney pool was in the mix after playing for both ryan's the last two years....

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Elam - Poole

Regardless of the money that will be spent and any 2 combination of names from the FA safety list have got to be better than what was trotted out on the field last year.

I can't envision any worse safety play than what we witnessed in 2010. If we sign 2 safeties then Sensabaugh's lifeline is cut. Seek fame and fortune elsewhere. If AOA or Church become eye openers in the preseason then Ball's 1 yr contract needs to be flushed and his bags packed as well. He is not worthy of a back up corner position much less safety.

C

Cr122

Goldson highlights.

[video=youtube;nNn_oeNKy-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNn_oeNKy-4[/video]

Top Bottom